Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,817 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• SYNCHRON-ized SE vs Smart Orchestra

How do these products relate to each other. I upgraded VI SE to SYNCHRON-ized SE and I wonder what I woud get if I purchased Smart Orchestra as well.

Masi

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Masi,

One idea is to check out the available videos, those will give you the best impression of the difference.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Special Edition contains individual instruments or sections. Smart Orchestra is an ensemble library, where you mostly play the full orchestra, or the separate families of instruments, at once. The former is for detailed orchestration. The latter for sketching (but with the XP release, you can go towards detailed orchestration and never lose connection between the general image and the detail).

Paolo

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Special Edition contains individual instruments or sections. Smart Orchestra is an ensemble library, where you mostly play the full orchestra, or the separate families of instruments, at once.

Though this wraps it up quite good.

Thank you to both,
    Masi

PS: Lazy as I am I now wished I could have an auto-arranger like Smart Orchestra for the SYNCHRON-ized SE 😊