Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,202 users have contributed to 42,384 threads and 255,447 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• This doesn't quite work.  When I try to change the track 17 to port 2 channel 1 in step 6, it also changes the track 16 to port 2 channel 1.  So those two tracks aren't unique.

• Oh man you're right I missed that.  Let me see if I can figure out a step to resolve that...

• yeah, you have to do that in the environment. 

• I think you're right  :-(

Well its still not too terribly bad of a way to build up tracks, better then the copy and paste enviornment hell I was doing before to build up a large template.

Updating my original post, though I'm less exctied about it now, I was hoping it would be a way to avoid the scary enviornment.

• I found a way to make this work.

Using the old instructions, after step 6 (where you rename channel 17 to be port 2, channel 1), do this:

6a. Select and delete either one of the tracks that are port 2 channel 1.

6b.  Select the second to  last channel again (e.g., port 1, channel 15) and then select Track>other>new track with next midi channel as before.  

These two steps break the link between what was port 1 channel 16 and what wants to be port 2 chanel 1.

• I’ll play with that today thanks for working on it!!

• Good one!  That does work.  I will repost full instructions later, or you can!

• It's even easier...

After creating port1, channel 16...

6a Rename port 1, channel 16 to port 2, channel 1

6b backfill port1, channel 16 by selecting port1 channepo 15 and create new track with increementing channel.

• Here are the steps:

1. In the software instruments dialog, create an AU3 multitimbral track with 1 part
    2. Track>Other>New track with next MIDI channel (ctrl-return)
    3. Repeat step 2 until you have as many channels as you want for that port up to 16 channels (stop when you get to 127 channels)
    4. Select the last track, Change to port n+1, channel 1 in the track inspector
    5. Select there second to last track and do step 2 (this back fills the previous port)
    6. Select the last track and repeat steps 2 through 6 (stop at 127 channels)

• yep. thanks for figuring that out, works like a charm.  I will update the first post of the thread with instructions and photos.