Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,464 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Sibelius and Synchron Special Edition Vel.XF

I've just installed the Synchron Special Editions and have migrated a project to the new soundset.  Unfortunately, velocity crossfade (Vel.XF) turns itself on and off depending on which articulation is selected which makes the piece sound terrible.

For instance, on the double bass, Vel.XF automatically turns on for the Legato->Legato articulation, but is abruptly turned off for the Short Notes->Detache articulation.  I'm observing this kind of behavior for every instrument.  Another specific example is for the Timpani where Vel.XF turns on for Rolls but not on Single Hits. 

Additionally, even if Vel.XF for an articulation is on, the CC11 commands don't appear to be making it through to the VSL Ensemble Pro Server so there are no dynamics.

I'm very confused.  Are there some troubleshooting steps I can perform to figure this out? 

Thanks!
    Dave

• Hello Dave!

You are right that Velocity XF gets turned on and off automaticaly depending on the articulation with the "SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition" sound set. In most cases this should make the performance better. If you have otimized a score for playback with the Vienna Instruments Special Editions, these automatic switches may be unwanted. In this case I would assign a different Controller than CC2 or no Controller to Velocity XFade. Then the automatic switches will not apply.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on