Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,875 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Thank you for your efforts Sam. WTF is the only thing left to say. I really don't understand what the hell is happening, whe share the same settings, the same project with really opposite results.

The only thing I noticed in your screenshots is that you used 12/64 audio channels, in my update I set 64/64, try to do this and you should see an increase in RT CPU.

I checked but I already knew it, multithreading is active obviously.

I don't know what could it be, my PC run pretty much everything really fast, even big projects, but for some obscure reason RT CPU behaves dramatically different.

The cause is not even in the project, so where the hell is? Well I really don't know what to do...

There should be other users that share their experience to reach an answer, I have a 0,3% of RT CPU even in a completely blank project, no tracks, nothing...

• last edited
    last edited

@DANIELE-ES said:

The only thing I noticed in your screenshots is that you used 12/64 audio channels, in my update I set 64/64, try to do this and you should see an increase in RT CPU.

Right you are.  Just tested it.  My idling cpu increased from 5% to 9%.  It only reached the 12-14% mark during playback.  Screenshot.

There's no good reason that your significantly faster CPU should be having worse RT CPU times than my old sh*t at the same settings...

Also, same behavior is before with disabling sends/FX.  It makes sense that disabling the FX - with all the audio channels open - causes RT CPU to decrease dramatically while disabling the sends would hardly do much of anything as they're just sends.  Yet you're experiencing the opposite, and I'm just at a loss as to why...

I hate to say it, but I don't know what else to try.  Are you still within the refund window?  Other options I can see would be to re-design your template to work with this limitation (but that kind of defeats the purpose of getting VEP in the first place...) or holding on to it and waiting for the REAPER devs to fix/refine the way feedback routing works.  Sometimes these things just magically decide to work after a few updates.

I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help.  You sure as hell gave it your best shot, though - you should reward yourself for that with some good, old-fashioned music making 😊  After all, that's what this is all for, right?

Cheers,

- Sam

• last edited
    last edited

@DANIELE-ES said:

Right you are.  Just tested it.  My idling cpu increased from 5% to 9%.  It only reached the 12-14% mark during playback.  Screenshot.

There's no good reason that your significantly faster CPU should be having worse RT CPU times than my old sh*t at the same settings...

Also, same behavior is before with disabling sends/FX.  It makes sense that disabling the FX - with all the audio channels open - causes RT CPU to decrease dramatically while disabling the sends would hardly do much of anything as they're just sends.  Yet you're experiencing the opposite, and I'm just at a loss as to why...

I hate to say it, but I don't know what else to try.  Are you still within the refund window?  Other options I can see would be to re-design your template to work with this limitation (but that kind of defeats the purpose of getting VEP in the first place...) or holding on to it and waiting for the REAPER devs to fix/refine the way feedback routing works.  Sometimes these things just magically decide to work after a few updates.

I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help.  You sure as hell gave it your best shot, though - you should reward yourself for that with some good, old-fashioned music making 😊  After all, that's what this is all for, right?

Cheers,

- Sam

I'll think about a refund maybe.

Thank you for all your help, I'll update this thread if I find something new.