Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,164 users have contributed to 42,207 threads and 254,681 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

  • VEP7 - No love for Arturia Plugs (?)

    I am having problems validating a number of Arturia Plugs - failing multiple scan attempts:

    "Failed validation: (VST) DX7 V

    Failed validation: (VST) Jup-8 V3

    Failed validation: (VST) Synclavier V

    Failed validation: (VST) VOX Continental V2

    Failed validation: (VST) Wurli V2

    Failed validation: (AU) Arturia Farfisa V

    10 plug-ins failed validation and have been disabled.
    Check that you are using the latest version of the disabled plug-in(s)
    and try another rescan."

     

     

    Any ideas why these won't validate? Is there something I should try before rescan (trashing prefs or something like that)?

    Running VEP7 on a Mac Pro, 10.13.6

     

    Thanks,

    Kevin L


  • Hi Kevin, 

    Much love for Arturia plug-ins, but it seems like they are acting up on some setups (got them all working here). 

    Did you make sure you have installed the latest versions?

    Also, is this the 64 bit VE Pro version?

    Best,
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks for the reply, Paul.

    Yes - this is the very latest Arturia V-collection 7.  This is the 64 bit VEP7  Vienna Pro App.

     

    Hope that helps -- Any suggestions?


  • I did a few more scans, and played with moving plugs around.  I have ~ 300 plugins in my vst folder, so scans take a fairly significant amount of time.

    This is what I found:

      1.) DX7 V causes Pluginscan to crash - I get a dialog box saying "pluinscan quit unexpectedly". Subsequently, DX7 V is listed as "Failed Validation".

      2.) Pluginscan was hanging indefinitely on Farfisa-V.   On one scan I waited 10 minutes, another scan for 16 minutes;  afterwards hitting the skip button (which listed the plugin as "Failed Validation").     

     3.) Jup-8 V3 causes Pluginscan to crash - I get a dialog box saying "pluinscan quit unexpectedly" (the stack traces seem to indicate vsl code running).

    4.) When I remove all 3 of those vst plugs, no other failures were reported (including no failures for Synclaviar, Vox, Wurli).

    5.) For AUs, some of the same plugs (as the VSTs) fail (ie. DX7 V AU failed).  Other different ones failed (eg.  Mini V3).

    6.) For all the VSTs that failed, when I removed them from the VST folder, did a complete rescan, put the vst plugs back, then did a 'rescan for changes' - those plugins did scan successfully, and did instantiate in VEP,

    Again, my configuration is a MacPro (Late 2013, gobs of mem and disk), running High Sierra (10.13.6)

     

    Hope this helps,

    Kevin L


  • We have sent crash reports to Arturia, and we hope to hear something back from them soon. Please feel free to also send crash logs from Arturia plugins directly to them.


  • last edited
    last edited

    @MS said:

    We have sent crash reports to Arturia, and we hope to hear something back from them soon. Please feel free to also send crash logs from Arturia plugins directly to them.

    Four years later, and I observe two things.
    This happens on a Macbook Pro M2 running Monterey.

    Some Arturia plugins get stuck completely others don't. (That is how I found this thread!)
    This could be the fault of Arturia, but I doubt it, as those plugins get scanned without any hickup in any other host!
    But the worst is the behaviour of VEP's scanning. First of all, why is there no time-out implemented??? Plugin scans take a huge amount of time and fail regularly, that should be a known fact. And what I don't get at all, why the hell isn't that a background process with no need to interact at all? At the end it could list failed scans with an option to rescan a single plugin. It should work like it does in Bitwig. Just copy that behaviour and the frustration level of your customers will move into calm areas...

    I would not scan plugins at all in advance. Just list them from Finder or Explorer, scan them the first time they are used and store the results in the same database which is used with the existing prescan annoyance...
    That would be the least annoying method. You could still add an option for a full scan if the user wants to prepare the host for faster loading... It still should never ever get stuck. When its stuck it does not advance at all, you think I let it scan while I am at dinner, and you come back and it didn't do anything (Arturia is at the beginning of the scan...)


  • BenB Ben moved this topic from Vienna Instruments Pro on