Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,353 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,765 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Yeah, it's all 7 here. The initial build basically would only be force-quit (albeit I never hung around to see it quit much_later) but the first update addressed that for me.

So the problem would seem to have more than one parent.

• I installed the latest version of VE PRO 7 yesterday to test....again the load/close times are much worse than VE PRO 6.  

VE PRO 7 - Open 5:52  (VE PRO 6 Open 3:20)

VE PRO 7 Close about 7 minutes.

The seond tme I open it took VE PRO 7 4:05 vs VE PRO 6 does it in 1:55.  Close time was the same 7 minutes.

The reason for the shorter second open is due to a strange Halion bug utilizing patches that have a convolution reverb or amp effect in them....I have about 100 of these so the problem is extreme.  Steinberg knows about it and hopefully will fix it at somepoint soon.  None the less..... clearly there is a VE PRO 7 issue that is making the problem MUCH worse than in VE PRO 6.  I wish Vienna would take this serious....I know it does not affect many of us but I paid for a lot of licenses and my confidence that they will solve this or that they are even concerned is what worries me.

• I did some more testing today.  I removed all the Halion 6 and Halion Sonic SE plugins from the VST folder so that the projects would load with "missing" plugin instances to see if these plugins were causing all of the problems of slower loading and closing compared to VE PRO 6.  

The load tmes definitely improved a bit but still overall the load times were much longer than VE PRO 6 ewith those plugins.  Although Steinberg may have a bit of work on their end I am definitely seeing VE PRO 7  with load.close and export times that are vastly longer than VE PRO 7 and am surprised that all Cubase 10 users are not seeing what I am seeing.

To me VE PRO 7 is not useable....extremely disappointed that no one else is chiming in if they are having issues.  I wish Vienna would engage in this conversation as I am spending a lot of time testing their product and am getting no where.

• So I had a couple days with no projects to work on so I decided to try VE PRO 7 again......

and its the same issue...... VE PRO 6 server would load up in 20 minutes and then Cubase project will open in 4-5 minutes.... close in 1 minute

now the Ve Pro 7 is loading my server in 35 minutes and took 1 hour to open in Cubase ....... Tried exporting a mixdown and it took 26 minutes (for a 40 second track) I had to force close both cubase and ve pro 7 to get out of a project... how is it getting worse??? why is there no patch for this problem?? 

Rolling back to Ve Pro 6 again.... I don't know what did I spend the $99 for.... 

• last edited
    last edited

@TimBlast said:

So I had a couple days with no projects to work on so I decided to try VE PRO 7 again......

and its the same issue...... VE PRO 6 server would load up in 20 minutes and then Cubase project will open in 4-5 minutes.... close in 1 minute

now the Ve Pro 7 is loading my server in 35 minutes and took 1 hour to open in Cubase ....... Tried exporting a mixdown and it took 26 minutes (for a 40 second track) I had to force close both cubase and ve pro 7 to get out of a project... how is it getting worse??? why is there no patch for this problem?? 

Rolling back to Ve Pro 6 again.... I don't know what did I spend the $99 for.... 

I wish Vienna would look into this more seriously.  We clearly are having similar issues and we both use Cubase.  I had some time to test a couple of days ago and can't pin point it.  Huge problems in my giant templates but when I test a particular instrument with say 32 instances and nothing else VE PRO 6 and 7 behave in a similar manner so I am not sure if doing small tests will reveal any problems.  In my huge template it as as bad as what you are seeing and much too difficult to slowly eliminate instruments, etc....  Frustrating for sure.

• Hi, 

These problems definitely are connected with the sheer size of the projects, and we have not found a way to reproduce this on our 32 /64 GB machines. 

It could be a mix of different plug-ins, the way Cubase handles, e.g., automation (creating a myriad of possible auitomation lanes for each track) and probably also how Audio Inputs are handled. 

This is a tough nut to crack, but I hope we can crack it. 

My apologies that we couldn't solve it until now. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

These problems definitely are connected with the sheer size of the projects, and we have not found a way to reproduce this on our 32 /64 GB machines. 

It could be a mix of different plug-ins, the way Cubase handles, e.g., automation (creating a myriad of possible auitomation lanes for each track) and probably also how Audio Inputs are handled. 

This is a tough nut to crack, but I hope we can crack it. 

My apologies that we couldn't solve it until now. 

Best,
    Paul

Thanks for the reply.  All I can say is that it works fine in VE PRO 6.  I believe I sent you a long time ago my VE PRO session files.  Maybe if I remove all plugins from the VST folder and have VE PRO load with all plugins missing that and compare that withe VE PRO 6 and 7 that could rule out any plugins if the descrepancies still happen?  Any thoughts on that test?

• I dont have any plugins running in the vienna ensemble server. And yeah it works on the VE Pro 6. So as long as I don't upgrade it, it is stable. Just can't justify to myself why I spent $95 to upgrade to VE PRO 7 that I can't use....

Hope it gets fixed

• Did the issue get fixed? Does anyone know?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Tim,

We have fixed and worked around quite a few bugs in Cubase. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you. You can always roll back!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hello Paul,

unfortunately nothing changed. I've had that same problem since I installed VE Pro 7.
    Every now and then, during Cubase mixdown, VE Pro hangs and Cubase also. I have to kill both of them from macOS Activity Monitor and reload all again.
    That's very frustrating because none of the software updates seems to resolve the issue and we are constantly losing an enormous amount of time to successfully complete a mixdown.

I can't keep going on like that, please help.

Thanks in advance

Mac Studio M1 Ultra macOS Ventura 13.4 Studio One 6.5