Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,120 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,986 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

Does anyone know if Softube are planning to bring a Software Version of the Hardware-module „MATHS“ from „Make Noise“?
    What's that got to do with the topic at hand? Well „the topic at hand“ is pretty death. We do not hear anything of the product we bought. That’s why I thought it is time to change the topic to something more interesting until someone from Vienna chimes in and and has to say something interesting ...

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

Does anyone know if Softube are planning to bring a Software Version of the Hardware-module „MATHS“ from „Make Noise“?
    What's that got to do with the topic at hand? Well „the topic at hand“ is pretty death. We do not hear anything of the product we bought. That’s why I thought it is time to change the topic to something more interesting until someone from Vienna chimes in and and has to say something interesting ... So start a new topic. You've been around long enough to know that camping on a thread ain't cool. Elsewise this will really devolve into something just like a Gearslutz thread (not that it hasn't come close to that as it is).

• „Camping on a Thread“ ... a funny Phrase from the view of a non native speaker. But you‘re probably right ... wrong topic ... wrong community for that. I don’t wanna appear to be weird(o).

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

What's that got to do with the topic at hand? Well „the topic at hand“ is pretty death. We do not hear anything of the product we bought. That’s why I thought it is time to change the topic to something more interesting until someone from Vienna chimes in and and has to say something interesting ... So start a new topic. You've been around long enough to know that camping on a thread ain't cool. Elsewise this will really devolve into something just like a Gearslutz thread (not that it hasn't come close to that as it is).

What is your obsession with gearslutz?

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

That's your home ain't it? You seem just like the denizens over there - always arguing over the stupidest shite there is.

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

What's that got to do with the topic at hand? Well „the topic at hand“ is pretty death. We do not hear anything of the product we bought. That’s why I thought it is time to change the topic to something more interesting until someone from Vienna chimes in and and has to say something interesting ...

After all the shit the community has said about this upgrade, you think that is going to make them interested in commenting? The best move is to let this sit for a few months until it dies down. My guess is, they wont say anything more on this until very near launch. They certainly arent going to start answering questions, seeing how some of ya'll responded to Paul, this thread is a den of vipers and what some of ya'll have successfully done is put the lid on any details. I for one was interested in what specifically they meant by new FX were going to be incorporated into Ensemble, but ya'll were so quick to jump on that. If I were them, I wouldve just deleted this whole thread. Bunch of negative, grumpy dwarves in this thread.

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

That's your home ain't it? You seem just like the denizens over there - always arguing over the stupidest shite there is.

I have no idea what gearslutz is, so, whatever. Keep your day job. You arent funny, and youve told the same, not funny joke, what, four times now?

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

What's that got to do with the topic at hand? Well „the topic at hand“ is pretty death. We do not hear anything of the product we bought. That’s why I thought it is time to change the topic to something more interesting until someone from Vienna chimes in and and has to say something interesting ... After all the shit the community has said about this upgrade, you think that is going to make them interested in commenting? The best move is to let this sit for a few months until it dies down. My guess is, they wont say anything more on this until very near launch. They certainly arent going to start answering questions, seeing how some of ya'll responded to Paul, this thread is a den of vipers and what some of ya'll have successfully done is put the lid on any details. I for one was interested in what specifically they meant by new FX were going to be incorporated into Ensemble, but ya'll were so quick to jump on that. If I were them, I wouldve just deleted this whole thread. Bunch of negative, grumpy dwarves in this thread. That makes me sad 😞 ... so deeply sad[i]issimo[/i] ... :((((((( I think I will pray 522 Ave Maria and hope for forgiveness. And yay - little wierd man - they probably had told us weeks ago that MATHS is only one effectplugin of many inside the magnificent 7 ... if we just had been a little nicer ... :(((( ... so sad. So much shit about the upgrade ... Forgiveness.

• Just to add a little perspective to this... it might appear as if there’s been a massive uproar about the upgrade but remember that this thread consists of complaints from about 10 people, and some of them repeating over and over. So I don’t think Paul and Vienna is too concerned.

• last edited
    last edited

@McArnes said:

Just to add a little perspective to this... it might appear as if there’s been a massive uproar about the upgrade but remember that this thread consists of complaints from about 10 people, and some of them repeating over and over. So I don’t think Paul and Vienna is too concerned.
    So says the person who came up with the stupid idea of a subscription model for VEPro.

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

So says the person who came up with the stupid idea of a subscription model for VEPro.

Wow, you're still talking? The guy who doesnt understand how digital software licensing works? Wait, wait, is this the same guy who says that not purchasing a license for a software upgrade is the same as a downgrade?

Oh please, tell me more about how much of a troll I am, make fun of my username, and oh God, tell the joke AGAIN about how I came from gearslutz, because, youre a comedy genious.

For the rest of us that actually care, Im trying to figure out what we might be seeing in VEP7. We know its going to have new FX based on Vienna Suite, and we know it is not notation software.

• last edited
    last edited

@littlewierdo said:

Im trying to figure out what we might be seeing in VEP7.

Funny, isn't it? Shouldn't be you or me or any customer trying to figure that out. 

• last edited
    last edited

@littlewierdo said:

Im trying to figure out what we might be seeing in VEP7.

Funny, isn't it? Shouldn't be you or me or any customer trying to figure that out. 

Very true, but no reason we cant discuss functionality we'd like to see...

• I just wanted to say. I bought a new Softube Synth called Parallels and ... Edited: ... I‘m looking forward using it plus all my other stuff in VE Pro 7!

• Hello everybody, 

First of all: Thanks for all your input and postings here. We are happy to see that so many of you feel so passionately about this software, and we are doing our very best to justify your support and meet your expectations. 

You probably know that Vienna Ensemble Pro development is always a very involved process, as we not only have to deal with a myriad of plug-ins and their “specialities” but also with specific solutions for the various DAWs out there. What looks the same from the outside can be VERY different from a technical perspective and calls for a dedicated solutions (which again needs to LOOK the same from the user’s perspective). 

To use my favorite euphemism I learned from our developers: It can be tricky :-)

STATUS QUO: 
    We are now in the beta stage for VE PRO 7, to make sure that we have not missed any perspective and also to incorporate input and ideas from our beta team, with real-world situations, stress-tests and compatibility tests, and I am confident that we are on a great path to have VE Pro 7 ready for you within the next weeks.

I am not posting a release date but we are aiming at a release in the last week of march, and we will also post updates of confirmed features as we get further ahead in beta-testing. 

On a personal note: What worries me most in this thread is that there are so many “in-fights” about who is right on a topic you have little to no information about. That lack of information is our fault, as we want to publish this information only when it’s 100% confirmed.  I’m just saying that it’s not a pleasure to watch and we are sorry about all the anger this has caused. 

I know that you will get along perfectly fine in the real world, as you are clearly all passionate musicians. 

In this spirit: We are all looking forward to the time when we can finally announce more features, and we hope that Epic Orchestra 2.0 helps to bridge the time until we get there. 

All the best from Vienna, 
    Paul and the VSL Team

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

snippage here

In this spirit: We are all looking forward to the time when we can finally announce more features, and we hope that Epic Orchestra 2.0 helps to bridge the time until we get there. 

All the best from Vienna, 
    Paul and the VSL Team

Thanks for the 'update'. Except Epic Orchestra 2.0 isn't bridging the time until VEPro 7 comes out. It may shock you to know that not everyone needs/wants it so it's more a sop than something useful. Wishful thinking on the part of Vienna and it's not doing anything to build goodwill.

You don't have to wait until everything is nailed down and working perfectly to let us know what's in the new version. A lot of us can't afford to spend the money on something to get a discounted price for something that may not work for us. After all why should Vienna earn interest on that money?

• Hello Paul

The best to stop this very long thread is to give us a time table of what you are going to introduce in VEP 7

Not to put too much preasure on your very good programmer you could put a large time scale

i.e.

AAAAA for end of May 

BBBBB for end of June

CCCCC for end of July 

DDDDD .....

You put that in a table that you can update

The problem is there is no tust in VSL any more because what VSL user are needing is not develloped

We have been waiting for so many years for AU3 and NKS

Best

Cyril

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril Blanc said:

Hello Paul

The best to stop this very long thread is to give us a time table of what you are going to introduce in VEP 7

Not to put too much preasure on your very good programmer you could put a large time scale

i.e.

AAAAA for end of May 

BBBBB for end of June

CCCCC for end of July 

DDDDD .....

You put that in a table that you can update

The problem is there is no tust in VSL any more because what VSL user are needing is not develloped

We have been waiting for so many years for AU3 and NKS

Best

Cyril

What is AU3? Never heard of it before.

As to when to expect VEPro 7 according to what Paul said they're looking at the end of this month but I doubt that will happen. But I still don't get why Paul can't tell us more about what's new in version 7. The teasing Vienna is doing is costing them trust just like you say. Given the dearth of info on VEPro 7 I'm not surprised this hasn't shown up on Gearslutz - what's happened would only be 10 times worse over there.

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

What is AU3? Never heard of it before.

Audio Units version 3, multi port đŸ˜Š