Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,498 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,820 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Memory used with VSO

Hello

Is ti possible to see how much memory is using VSA in Logic as a Synchron Instrument ?

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril, 

I assume you mean VSO (Vienna Smart Orchestra). 

You can insert Synchron Player in a new Logic song and check the RAM needs (depending on your preload time set in the Database settings). 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul

Thanks for your answer, Sorry for the typo VSA

When you have a few VSO it is not possible to see how much memory is used.

I also supposed that the memory used depends of what sound you load !!!!!!

In Kontakt layer each sound loaded show the used memory.

It will be great if you could add this feature

I am making my new template, I run in big memory problem using it on my MacBook Pro with 16 GB.

Thanks

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi, 

We are always using shared memory with our sample players (Synchron Player and VI/VI PRO), so each sample is only loaded once. The only memory that is added is the memory needed by each plug-in, if you are using multiple instances of the player.

Best,
    Paul 

• Hello Paul

I did know that, and it is a feature that is very good.

But that does not give me the amount of memory used by the different AU in a song

Best

Cyril

• Hi Cyril, 

That's true. That's the downside, I'm afraid. You COULD always load the cells disabled and this way only load samples when they are really needed.

Best,
    Paul

• Hi Paul

Sorry that is not the solution, why dont you do like Kontakt ?

They do a very good job ;)

I am sure that your very good develloper can do it

Thanks

Best

Cyril