Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,446 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,798 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Don't know if VSL would like links to competitors' products made available on their forum, but your points are well-taken.

• With VSL's Solo Violin 2, you can crossfade between no vibrato and vibrato whenever you want. There is also a progressive vibrato patch. You can also do that with Audio Modeling's Solo Violin. I have Chris Hein's Solo Violin but I much prefer VSL's solo violins.

• last edited
    last edited

@TCLG said:

Hi MMKA,

Beautiful piece! I'm especially interested in what presets you used for the VSL Steinway. I find the upper registers sound like the hammers are almost metallic on my VSL Steinway regardless of what I do, but yours are much more mellow. What did you do to achieve that? Would you post your preset file, please?

Hi TCLG, Here is my preset of the Steinway that I promised to you. I had to adapt it a little, because the change in the velocity mapping with the last update, a great update by the way. You have to unzip it (the only posible way to send a preset file is by zipping it). I used also a little compressing, some extra reverb and a equalizer setting as you can see in the other file. 

SteinwayU0020Accompanying.zip-1696491516739-am79l.zip

• littleweirdo,  I like your attitude and think you have some great posts -  I'm not trying to argue a lot, but actually the VSL violins vibrato do not start at exactly the same point.  That is impossible because the vibrato is real, naturally played vibrato recorded at the time of the samples, not artificially added.  Also as david pointed out there is progressive vibrato - also naturally recorded - and on top of that it is very easy to crossfade between non vib and vib. 

• Many thanks, MMKA. I agree that the VSL update goes a long way toward fixing my problems with their Steinway. Very subtle EQ. I doubt my aging ears can tell the difference, especially as most of the correction is at the higher frequendies. I appreciate your kindness.