Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,147 users have contributed to 42,278 threads and 254,994 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody! We have just released a[url=https://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyVSL/SY_Library_Updates]Library Update for the Steinway D[/url], with improved velocity mapping. So far, we have received great feedback from our testers, so this one should be quite a big step into the right direction Thanks for your input, everbody!! Best,Paul
    Thanks so much, Paul! Forgive the question, but is there any way to tell for sure that the update has been successfully installed? I think I did it properly, but it would be great to know for sure. Also, if we had created user presets, will this update automatically take effect if we load such a user preset? Many thanks!!

• Hi, 

Happy to hear such a positive feedback on the piano update!

@wolfgang: You can tell by looking at the sample content. You will see a file called "SY-Steinway-D_Patches_Update01.vsynvolume" (see attached screenshot), which overrules the existing "SY-Steinway-D_Patches.vsynvolume" (newer file wins). 

This file organizes the way the samples are structured and will also affect your existing user presets. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Happy to hear such a positive feedback on the piano update!

@wolfgang: You can tell by looking at the sample content. You will see a file called "SY-Steinway-D_Patches_Update01.vsynvolume" (see attached screenshot), which overrules the existing "SY-Steinway-D_Patches.vsynvolume" (newer file wins). 

This file organizes the way the samples are structured and will also affect your existing user presets. 

Best, 
    Paul

Great!  Thank you Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Best,

Paul

Can we delete the previous "SY-Steinway-D_Patches.vsynvolume" file, or do we need to keep it with the rest of the sample content even though the Update file has now usurped it? Thanks.

God Bless,

David

F308, D-274, 280VC, Bösendorfer Imperial, Vienna Imperial
  • Hi David, 

You can delete the old patch file. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Nice update. I ended up backing out my MIDI velocity scaling as a result of this change, to a value between 5% and 12% vs. 20% (depending on the piece), but otherwise this update improves the dynamics handling and consequent timbral balance between bass and treble.

• last edited
    last edited

I meant to post my tweaks to the pianos a few weeks ago following the recent update.

Several hours were spent on the Steinway, with verification in several jazz projects.

The Yamaha is a work in progress, as I haven't finalized it in a project context yet.

SynchronPianoPresets.zip-1696491483651-rbaj8.zip

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for sharing!!

I like the spirit 😊

Best,
    Paul