Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,503 users have contributed to 42,234 threads and 254,824 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Alan Belkin: Adagio Symphonique (Synchron + synchronized Strings)

last edited
    last edited

With kind permission and support of the composer my Synchron-Explorations continues with a wonderful composed quarter of an hour.

Alan Belkin: Adagio Symphonique for Strings (Synchron-Player-String-Version by Steffen Fahl)

This Synchron-Strings-Project is interesting as far it offers already two possible comparisons.

After having already realised his 2. Symphony he was now so kind to allow me to create for my Synchron-Exploration another (nealy) pure Synchron-Player-Version (except a few additions of VSL-Solo-Strings where the score demanded it.)

My version does not build up on any programming Alan has done in his version. To get my own authentic interpretation i decided to start again with the data of the pure score, programming for new myself everything concerning every interpretation details (=for instance Midi-CC-Data, micro-rubato-Tempochanges Dynamics etc) in my way based on the Synchron and Synchroniozed Libraries I use.

I am very happy that after two preliminary Versions for which Alan kindly provided several suggestionsa for improvements I am now able to present with Alans Permission a pure Synchron-Player Version of this wonderful 21th century music as modern and intelligent as romantic passionate it only could be composed by a tremendous inspired and expierienced composer like Alan.

I hope you might enjoy this great composition and the power of the new VSL-Synchjron-Player-Strings which allowed it to realise that music in the way I present it here..

• Hi Steffen,

After reading your suggestions of the equalizer settings for the violins and violas of the Synchron Strings, I listened among others to the Adagio Symphonic of Alan Belkin in your realisation of the piece to hear the sound of that settings. And I really was impressed by several things.
    To begin with the piece of Alan is beautiful for sure! But this realisation is also very beautiful.
    The overal very natural sound of a real orchestra is obvious, but what also impressed me is how the dynamics from pp till ff are very expressive. A ff tone in it self can be expressionless just as a pp tone, but none of this was here the case. Every little and big movement in rythm and dynamics contributes here to the musical expression, and I love that very much. I don't know what your contribution is and what Alan has added to it, but let's say: in my ears this is a very fruitful collaboration. And what you told in the thread about the equalizer settings, they work very well here.
    Congratulations on this work!

One question, did you use beside the Synchron Strings and of course some solo strings, the SYNCHRON-ized Chamber and Appasionata Strings? 

• Thank you for your friendly response.

Exactly: Synchron Strings aswell as and synchronized Strings are used for the sections.

The Challenge was that Alan intended to have the sound of a pretty large stringensemble. After Alan has tried it first with combining VSL-VI-Libraries with others like Spitfire I thought the available Synchron and synchronized Libraries should be ready to reflect all aspects you need for the impression of a real ( real is not the same like exaggerated) larger Stringensemble. I am glad you like it.

• Hi Steffen,

both versions are pretty good to my ear, and I agree with MMKA on pretty much everything - I know what VSL is capable of, and yet there were at least a few times when I thought - man, this part is just great. SY strings sounded alright to me, although their somewhat anemic vibrato sometimes did make me prefer Alan's version if I were to judge and give scores. To your credit, it was barely noticeable, thanks to SY-zed strings (I guess).

Cheers,

Crusoe.