Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,488 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,815 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody, 

We all need to calm down. Please. 

Why not make this weekend a forum-free one? ðŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

Best, 
    Paul

I am pretty calm, but the Problem of personal aggressions tolerated without any public correction by the admins will remain as long you accept that users are call by others "psychotic", "mentally ill" "the most toxic" etc.

You know that this is of course nothing which will be wiped out by one weekend, as long those who show that misbehavior dont realise that they are responsioble for what they are doing and not longer supported by the admins who tolerates that the comunication in this Forum is continously damaged with getting inapropriatly personal like that.

As I said: name me any concrete inapropriate behavior you can find in any of my postings and I will correct it and care for to keep of that in future, but stay reasonable and do not perseciute just one person without any concrete reaqson for what many people do here more than concrete again and again, but consequently correct the wrong behavior no matter who ever might be responsible for.

• Hi fahl5, 

Maybe 2 weeks?

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi fahl5, 

Maybe 2 weeks?

Best, 
    Paul

Just ask those who post continuesly direct personal aggressions how long they need to stop that misbehavior. I dont need even a second, since I already said: It is neither my way nor my intention to comunicate in any personal aggressive way and I am instantaneously ready to correct everything in my postings what ever proves to be in any way inappropriate.

Unfortunatly it seems as if neither any admin nor anyone else could quote anything like that from my contributions here yet, so I fear it is as I already said, better ask those who contantly show concrete misbehavior how long they need to come back to a moderate, respectful civilised comunication.

• Hi, 

Those are only friendly suggestions. I have tried it, it helps me. 

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Those are only friendly suggestions. I have tried it, it helps me. 

Best,
    Paul

For whom?

For what concrete reason?

• Hi, 

I have addressed "everybody", if you read my previous message carefully. 

It means "STOP". 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

I have addressed "everybody", if you read my previous message carefully. 

It means "STOP". 

Best, 
    Paul

Sorry  I just havent found the word "everyboy" in your "previous message".

So it is good that you made this point a bit more clear now for everybody.

I hope it helps "everybody" to come back to a respectful comunication with  "everybody".

• last edited
    last edited

Well, I guess you see what you want to see. 

@Paul said:

Hello everybody, 

Best, 
    Paul

Have a great weekend!

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Well, I guess you see what you want to see. 

Have a great weekend!

Paul

Oops, sorry I obviously was to lazy to scroll back that far.

while that "everybody" is of course exactly what I do like very much and therefor defenitly "want" to see....

Great Weekand for you to....

• Well I learned a lot about Synchronized Appassionata Strings on this thread!! Wow.

• last edited
    last edited

@rinky said:

Well I learned a lot about Synchronized Appassionata Strings on this thread!! Wow.

To summarize it:

• They are available,
    • You can download them
    • they dont overwrite the VI Appassionata strings
    • some like them more than Synchron Libraries
    • they are made acousticly compatible to the Synchronseries with MIR Synchron-Venue Impuls Responses
    • And we should all talk kind, patient and focussed together and have a nice weekend

Thats not nothing considering the fact that they are just a few days available and here are scarcly so much who seriously had the chance to work in deptzh with them.

In short You are absolutly right 😃

• last edited
    last edited

For the life of me, I canot get the Synchronized Appassionata to appear or load into the Library. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to no avail. Watched the video tutorial as well.

Anyone else ran into this problem?

Screen shot

• last edited
    last edited

@rinky said:

For the life of me, I canot  get the Synchronized Appassionata to appear or load into the Library. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to no avail. Watched the video tutorial as well.

Anyone else ran into this problem?

Screen shot

Try getting the latest eLicenser installed. This caused me grief with Synchron Strings I.

Todd

•   

Bam!! I wasted so much time diagnosing the problem. The instruction did say that updating eLC is a must - I thought I already did, but alas, I was resyncing the licenses instead.

Many thanks, Todd!!

• Okay, I finally decided to buy the synchron-ized Appassionata Strings... 

My verdict: Awesome! Enhanced legato (I never liked the original ones), enhanced vibrato. And the EQ is exactly my "hollywood" taste. Perfect (!) companion to LASS. No EQ-matching needed. VSL, you did a great job! :)

But I've have to say that I'm missing the humanize features of VI Pro. Especially for faster passages and runs where I could make (subtle) intonation blurs. Pity also that the "slur" patches from the original one are not available, they also helped for runs. And, of course, where are the con sordinos?

But again: I never thought it, but I really, really like this re-editing. I'm angry now that I didn't buy the Chamber Strings for the reduced price.

EDIT:

My opinion on the legatos: I always increase the release slider in VI Pro to make the legatos smoother, and then the old ones are nearly identical to the new ones. Maybe it's imagination, but I like the new ones better, they sound a bit different.

For me, even the "strong" vibrato patches sound stronger than the old ones, which I really like. 

The EQ preset and the convolution module helps also in the sound. Of course, you can say that you can achieve it with MIR Pro, I tried it, I can't achieve the same sonic impression (maybe due to my lacking mixing skills). Still waiting for the MIRx presets for Synchron Stage, hoping they will be released soon. I also think, but don't know, that besides the EQ there is some re-mastering applied. Playing chords or polyphonic legato with new ones sound "clearer" or "modern", with old ones more "darker" or "vintage". Just my impression! I prefer the new ones.

But it's always a matter of taste...