Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,353 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,765 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Ok.
    I'm completely confused. for more clarity, please, answer me the following question about RR and not about a notes connection: how to get the 8 variations as claimed in manual (see attached picture) in SY version with slow tempos (100 BPM)? I can get in the ViPro version 4 variations (as claimed in manual) but SY version can make only 2 at this moment. Where are other 6? Need I make legato between notes (start of note=end of previous) for variations start to works?

• Hi Vadim, 

Yes, the gap between notes needs to be as small as possible with slow tempos to get the recorded note transitions. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Great, it's work! Thanks a lot!

Also, please check for CC controls, it seems as a bug:
    If I assign CC1 to control a velocity layers and CC2 to control a vibrato depth (as on the picture), if I move CC1 wheel both CC1 and CC2 moving identically.. also, if I moving a CC2 wheel, both CC1 and CC2 moving identically. In MIDI monitor I see, that only one CC, CC1 or CC2 going from Cubase. But in Synchron player these controllers moves as if they has been linked. What's wrong?

• Hi Vadim,

I can in fact reproduce this, thanks for reporting - our developers will look into it as soon as possible!

Best, Marnix

• Hi Vadim,

Looking closer into this weird behavior: what happens, if you save the project with the erronous "linked" CC assignments, close it and then reload it?

Are the CCยดs still "linked"?

Best, Marnix

• Hi Marnix,

If I reload it, CC's are separated, OK!

• This issue has also been fixed with the latest release, 1.1.1301.

• last edited
    last edited

Thanks a lot! ๐Ÿ‘

• Is there humanize function for a Chamber strings?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, 

Yes, simply select the last slot of each row and you will see it (in the latest Synchron Player). 

How about changing that thread title? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Best,
    Paul

• Resurrecting an old post! I've been hapily using the old Chamber Strings in many, many projects the last 10 years. I'm considering upgrading them to the Synchonized versions, but I'm concerned after seeing this post.

Are the issues discussed in this post still present or have there been updates in the meantime?

Also, do I understand correctly that the SYNCHRON-ized CHAMBER STRINGS include both the old Standard as well as the Extended Library samples (but enhanced etc)?

Kind regards,

Carsten

• Hi Carsten, 

Yes, humanizing is available in the Synchron Player now, and yes, the Full Library of our VI Chamber Strings is contained in the SYNCHRON-ized Chamber Strings (re-mastered, re-edited and optimized for Synchron Player). 

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Carsten Altena said:

Also, do I understand correctly that the SYNCHRON-ized CHAMBER STRINGS include both the old Standard as well as the Extended Library samples (but enhanced etc)?

Kind regards,

Carsten

As I understand, some articulations of Vi version are not presents in Sy version (see att. pic). My choice - to use Vi version with MIR.