Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,944 users have contributed to 42,266 threads and 254,954 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@AntoineM said:

I own every other VSL string libraries. I love all of them, especially Dimension Strings.

This one is the only one I frankly do not like. The main reasons: 

• Lack of basic articulations such as a real portamento
    • Cheap/fake articulations (fp/sfz)
    • Lack of expressiveness in high velocities
    • No divisi like in LASS.
    • No real innovation.
    • => Bad value for money!

And so much wait for so few… 

I also feel that VSL do not care about customer feedback. They never « pamper Â» their customers. Plus, if you lose or break the painful dongle, you are totally f..cked.

My level of satisfaction so far : 2 / 10 (for the flautandos and some shorts).

Ha. Basically my review. Have the Super Package, so basically everything. Love most of VSL but always missed a bit more singing legato. Sad that SS1 didn't work out as promised, and actually fail the most with its legato. 

The flautandos sounds great and already sits in a film. But unfortunately that's kinda it. Found another string library that have filled the gap. Probably last time I'm pre-ordering a library.

2/10 😞

• last edited
    last edited

@AntoineM said:

I own every other VSL string libraries. I love all of them, especially Dimension Strings.

This one is the only one I frankly do not like. The main reasons: 

• Lack of basic articulations such as a real portamento
    • Cheap/fake articulations (fp/sfz)
    • Lack of expressiveness in high velocities
    • No divisi like in LASS.
    • No real innovation.
    • => Bad value for money!

And so much wait for so few… 

I also feel that VSL do not care about customer feedback. They never « pamper Â» their customers. Plus, if you lose or break the painful dongle, you are totally f..cked.

My level of satisfaction so far : 2 / 10 (for the flautandos and some shorts).

Ha. Basically my review. Have the Super Package, so basically everything. Love most of VSL but always missed a bit more singing legato. Sad that SS1 didn't work out as promised, and actually fail the most with its legato. 

The flautandos sounds great and already sits in a film. But unfortunately that's kinda it. Found another string library that have filled the gap. Probably last time I'm pre-ordering a library.

2/10 😞

Hi saxmand,

Thanks for the feedback.

That's very unfortunate, maybe VSL has something to say about this.

Sadly, so far they are not replying, or at least letting users know that they are concerned about the dissatisfaction with Synchron Strings 1 quality, and that they might be willing to fix any issues, or even re-do a big chunk of this library to improve it. 

• Considering the expenses of developing libraries/recording/editing, I wouldn't keep my hopes to high. At least that's where I am now...

• Now that I have just done a little project with the Synchron Strings, I want to mention a few things I LIKE about them. And I also have and use all the other VSL strings.

1) Ability to control the degree of marcato attack note by note,

2) ability to crossfade between different degrees of vibrato,

3) ability to do the above at the same time!

4) crossfading from normal to soft legato and vice versa,

5) more velocity levels.

Some (not all) of these things were possible before, using crossfaded patches, but even there, with a lot more work.

It's taking me a while  to learn the new player, but so far I think it's worth it.

I'll have more to say as I work more with it.