Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,625 users have contributed to 42,247 threads and 254,876 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 24 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Yes

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Problem:  I've downloaded and installed both the Synchron Pianos and Synchron FX content and latest players. Directory Manager is updated with their directories containing the .vsynvolume files for both libraries.

macbook pro, osx 10.12.6

Using Vienna Ensemble Pro 6.0.17011 I can insert a Synchron Pianos plugin and get the Player but no samples load when I select a player type Concert, Intimate, etc.  Not an intuitive interface. What am I missing?

Using Vienna Ensemble Pro 6.0.17011 I can insert a Synchron Player plugin and get the Player but no FX content appears in the preset/patch panel on the right. What am I missing?

There's wall somewhere here that I'm clearly hitting that I can't see. 

Help?

Thanks,

Kenneth.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Kenneth,

Did you update your eLicenser Control Center?
    New licenses need to be recognized...

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • VSL, what have you done...?

This is an instant buy... :)

• last edited
    last edited

@civilization 3 said:

It doesn't appear that there is a separate 'Full' list of articulations, vs the Standard.

So, is the difference the included mic positions, 6 vs 10?

It does appear this is the case. 

I have a two-fold question to the group & hopefully someone at VSL... 

First, if one, is using a stereo setup (not surround) are the extra mic positions in the Full package essentially extraneous with the possible exception of mic position #9: the High Stereo one? In other words, is it prudent to get the standard package if you only intend to mix in stereo.

Second, at this point in time (May 30, 2018) has VEPro that is Synchron Player ready been fixed to the point where it is production ready. I installed what was the current Synchron Player ready version a few weeks back and it caused my machine to slow down and intermittantly hang, so I went back to VEPro version 6.016678 issued on January 2nd, 2018. I'm on Windows 7 x64 which works without incident.

-Andrew Stone

• Hello Andrew, 

I'll get straight to your questions: 

1) Yes, it is prudent, if you like to experiment with room sound a lot. 

2) Synchron Player gets very good feedback from existing users, and of course we are improving functionality and performance in the course of the first weeks. 

VE PRO is a totally different program. If you are experiencing troubles with the current 6.0.17011, please contact us with more details. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

1) Yes, it is prudent, if you like to experiment with room sound a lot.

2) Synchron Player gets very good feedback from existing users, and of course we are improving functionality and performance in the course of the first weeks. 

VE PRO is a totally different program. If you are experiencing troubles with the current 6.0.17011, please contact us with more details. 

Best, Paul

Paul, thanks for your quick and to the point reply.

I did install the most current version of VEPro. Things are much better this time around. 

Really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this library. The Overview video was well done particularly in differentiating the product from other similar ones on the market.

Thanks to the team who worked on this.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• Will future FX ensembles (winds, brass) be co-ordinated to work simultaneously and in conjunction with the String FX?

• Synchron Player is awesome -- I installed it last night and gave it a quick spin. I think this new interface is going to make it a lot easier to quickly learn the Synchron way, possibilities with mic down-mixes, etc.

I'm still on the fence about upgrading to the full package for FX Strings. Would it make any sense to do that, if not also upgrading regular Strings to the full package/ My apologies if the intended workflow of these two libraries within the same project or part, has already been covered.

• Can you use MIRx with Synchron FX Strings for stage placement?

Or is this uneccessary with the Sychron Player approach?

• Hi hodshonf, 

The whole idea of the Synchron Series is to provide multiple mics to recreate the ambience of the room, instead of MIR PRO.  So you won't need MIR PRO für Synchron Series products. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi, I'm working on a project now and I need somme agressive FX (like penderecki's threnody for exemple), very tense tenuti, slides etc...should I need to wait for the "synchron FX strings II" or is there enough material in this one?

thank you

• Hi terysound, 

You should find enough material in Synchron FX Strings I. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@terysound said:

Hi, I'm working on a project now and I need somme agressive FX (like penderecki's threnody for exemple), very tense tenuti, slides etc

As mentioned above, a good amount of Penderecki like cluster material to draw on. The default mic positions are focused on a room sound. If you go into the mixer, labelled MIX, and look several rows below the sliders you will see the labels Room-Mix, etc. If you click on the labels it turns on the different mic positions. I found bringing in Close Mics is going to give you more of an in your face unnerving Penderecki cluster sound that people are accustomed to, if that is what you want. The default mic positions, however, are less anxiety inducing/easier on the ear. Choice is yours.

• Hi,

the difference between standard and full is only MIC position right? not articulations?

thank you

• last edited
    last edited

Hi terrysound, 

@terysound said:

the difference between standard and full is only MIC position right? not articulations?

That's correct. 

Best, 
    Paul