Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,355 users have contributed to 42,391 threads and 255,494 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 67 new user(s).

  • Kontakt 5 not showing up in VE Pro 6

    Hi - I just loaded NI Komplete 11 onto my new mac mini. I have VE Pro 6 here as well.  I can open Kontakt as a standalone just fine however, when I attempt to add a new plugin, Kontakt 5 is not there.  I am using the 32bit server.   I do have Absynth 5, FM8, Massive, and Reaktor 5 all available as individual instruments under VST and the same plus Guitar Rig MFX under AU.  Where is Kontakt?  Thanks.


  • I have this exact same problem. Currently I've been trying to install older versions to see if they pick up Kontakt 5 dll however no luck so far.


  • I'm very pleased to say I've solved the puzzle.

    Basically, I moved all 32bit VSTs into one folder which I called "VSTPlugins32Bit" under my programme files (x86)

    and for all 64 Bit VSTs I moved to a folder under my regular Programme files to VSTPlugins64Bit.

     

    Then I pointed the directories in VEP 32 Bit to the the 32 bit folder above and respectively the VEP 64 Bit to the 64 bit folder and then did a rescan.

    This loaded Kontakt in VEP and recognised the plugin.  That's literally it.


  • I also had this same problem, today. (I think I've fixed it but haven't yet tried it with VEP). 

    You need to check that you have the vst .dll files in the vst 64 bit folder under the Native Instruments folder (in particular the one that also has the Kontakt Player) of your C drive (to the best of my knowledge). You can open Native Access, or download from NI the latest Kontakt Player. But first take your time and double-check that you select the proper (best) location for the folder where you want to install your 32 and 64bit vst dll's. (It seems from my research today that this path/folder maybe might get broken if you change locations of Kontakt sample libraries, or download locations too.)

    Normally, you would expect to see the VST folders that contain the essential Kontakt dll files here (e.g. for 64bit vsts) ->  C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit. You may have to recreate that last folder if it's missing on your PC. I was able to reinstall Kontakt Player 5 tonight and recreate that last folder (and path as above) then select that last folder as the destination folder for Kontakt's 64bit dlls. (Btw you can select the dll download folders under Preferences in Native Access).

    Lo and behold, the 64 bit dll files for Kontakt are now there again :) Now I just have to hope it all works with VEP. Phew!

    Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.. 


  • last edited
    last edited

    @Ariam said:

    I also had this same problem, today. (I think I've fixed it but haven't yet tried it with VEP). 

    You need to check that you have the vst .dll files in the vst 64 bit folder under the Native Instruments folder (in particular the one that also has the Kontakt Player) of your C drive (to the best of my knowledge). ...

    Normally, you would expect to see the VST folders that contain the essential Kontakt dll files here (e.g. for 64bit vsts) ->  C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit. You may have to recreate that last folder if it's missing on your PC. I was able to reinstall Kontakt Player 5 tonight and recreate that last folder (and path as above) then select that last folder as the destination folder for Kontakt's 64bit dlls. (Btw you can select the dll download folders under Preferences in Native Access).

    Lo and behold, the 64 bit dll files for Kontakt are now there again 😊 Now I just have to hope it all works with VEP. Phew!

    Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.. 

      Hi ... I'm running a Mac som I dont have a C drive ... not sure if this will work with the same way ...


  • last edited
    last edited

    @rosindabow said:

    Hi ... I'm running a Mac som I dont have a C drive ... not sure if this will work with the same way ...

    I'm having this problem on a Mac, as well. Both VEPro 6 and Kontakt 5 are up to date. I'm working in a server project that already has instances of Kontakt 5 that load as expected. But suddenly, when I attempt to add new instances, Kontakt 5 (AU) is missing from the list.

    @rosindabow, did you ever figure this out? If so, an update would be appreciated.

    Anyone else?


  • last edited
    last edited

    @soundsgoodtome said:

    I'm having this problem on a Mac, as well. Both VEPro 6 and Kontakt 5 are up to date. I'm working in a server project that already has instances of Kontakt 5 that load as expected. But suddenly, when I attempt to add new instances, Kontakt 5 (AU) is missing from the list.

    @rosindabow, did you ever figure this out? If so, an update would be appreciated.

    Anyone else?

    After trying a number of things I finally got this fixed by trashing VEP6's prefs, then runninig the VEP6 uninstaller. (Since I had already removed the prefs manually, I'm not sure if the uninstaller would have done so itself.) After emptying the trash, I reinstalled VEP6, and now K5 appears in the AU list again.