Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Problem with VEP 6 and Logic 10.3

Hello,

I just bought and install VEP 6 to my Mac.
    So I started VEP 6 server with an instance loaded and after I load Logic 10.3 with a plugin VEP 6.
    Problem : when I open the VEP 6 plugin on logic, the server instances is empty and I cannot connect to anything (even my local server doesn't show up...)

Can you help me ?

Thanks 

Eddy

• Hello Eddy, 

The local server should always show up, unless there are some severe security programs blocking the connection. Did you make sure that you have not opened the VE PRO Standalone version instead of the server?

What are your network settings and used AV/firewalls?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Eddy and Paul, 

I was about to post the exact same question/thread - so hope it's ok to jump on to this one...

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Logic 10.4 with two macs that have been syncing perfectly. However all of a sudden server instances don't show up in the plugin list. I can connect if I type in manually - but that's crap. 

I don't have any security apps, firewall is off on both macs and wifi off (usually only on master) but now slave as well. - Still no resolve.

- Hve rebooted everything twice.

Cheers. - John

• Hi John, 

We will need to find out what has changed before you saw this behavior. 

Any software updates, for example?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi John,

Please send screenshots of the network settings on both your computers to support@vsl.co.at so we can better look int this!

Best, Marnix

• Hi,

I have try to link two MAC by a Ethernet Cable. The first has IP : 192.168.0.5 and the second 192.168.0.6.

The connection between the two is good because I can connect to the desktop screen of the second (by native mac utility screen sharing).

But no chance with VEP plugin in Logic : nothing appears !

I have installed the last version of VEP 6 PRO and don't use firewall (My system is SIERRA).

Thanks for your help

• Hello

You can try this :

Set your 1st Mac to 192.168.0.5

set your slave Mac to DHCP

Wait a bit to get the figures. Copy the numbers and set it to fix IP using the numbers found in DHCP

Tel me if it is working

• Hi dr6931,

Please also make sure the Subnet Masks on both computers are set to 255.255.255.0

Best, Marnix