Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,173 users have contributed to 42,281 threads and 255,002 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 63 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

I think trying to judge it without the full articulations and Synchron player is a bit like trying to judge an elephant while blindfolded by feeling its trunk, so I will wait.

If it's really that unrepresentative then I think it shouldn't have been released yet.

• This thread is now worthless and nothing but bullshit so I request that it be deleted.  

I apologize not to anyone posting here, but to VSL for getting irritated by buffoons. I was attempting to draw more attention to how great the Synchron Strings are, but this was hijacked and turned into something ugly and worthless.  Something that often happens when dealing with the public.    

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

This thread is now worthless and nothing but bullshit so I request that it be deleted. 

Way to make drama out of hearing some opinions different from your own.

Wanting others' opinions to be deleted if you don't like them is not at all constructive. Especially because some of the feedback here is useful and shouldn't be swept under the rug.

Many owners of this library do not seem happy with the legato transitions and that was expressed in this thread.

• last edited
    last edited

@djw said:

Way to make drama out of hearing some opinions different from your own.

Wanting others' opinions to be deleted if you don't like them is not at all constructive. Especially because some of the feedback here is useful and shouldn't be swept under the rug.

Many owners of this library do not seem happy with the legato transitions and that was expressed in this thread.

Your opinions are fine, but post them in a thread that is related to your issue.  This thread wasn't about problems with legato transitons. 

How would you like to have a legato transitions thread filled with rebuttals and counter arguments about how great VSL is, or a tangent talking about VSL percussion?   This should be simple - just stick to the topic.

Problems should be addressed separately where the relevant technical issues can be separated from personal opinions.   Come on folks, show some professionalism here and stop pointing fingers at the OP for simply wanting to talk about the positives of Synchron Strings.  Is the world really this cynical?  What's wrong with just reading, and moving on?  I can't find one positive thread about Synchron Strings.  Now, what is being "swept under the rug"?  Nothing ever prevented you from posting a new thread with a title to put the attention on the problems you want brought to light.  Derailing this thread did nothing but frustrate professional users who only wanted to talk about something besides bugs. 

• last edited
    last edited

@dterry said:

Come on folks, show some professionalism here and stop pointing fingers at the OP for simply wanting to talk about the positives of Synchron Strings.

If that was the intention of this thread the title was a spectacularly bad pick. Basically it provoked anyone who has issues with Synchron Strings. 'Let's talk about the good things in Synchron Strings' would have inspired a completely different kind of thread, I am certain. It's a little simplistic to throw around provocations, and then lash out at the ones who bite. And asking to have a thread deleted because you don't like some of the opinions voiced in it - not commendable. William really does come across as neither mannered nor thoughtful, and unfortunately it's not the first thread where that is the case.

• The only one showing trollish behaviour in this thread is William. Each of his posts makes me crying out loud. Ridiculous...

• last edited
    last edited

@dterry said:

Come on folks, show some professionalism here and stop pointing fingers at the OP for simply wanting to talk about the positives of Synchron Strings.

If that was the intention of this thread the title was a spectacularly bad pick. Basically it provoked anyone who has issues with Synchron Strings. 'Let's talk about the good things in Synchron Strings' would have inspired a completely different kind of thread, I am certain. 

So what if a topic isn't worded the way you think it should be?  Is it the job of posters here to monitor, police and object to thread titles, topics and opinions you don't like, or to judge the intent of other VSL users?  No, it isn't. 

• last edited
    last edited

@dterry said:

If that was the intention of this thread the title was a spectacularly bad pick. Basically it provoked anyone who has issues with Synchron Strings. 'Let's talk about the good things in Synchron Strings' would have inspired a completely different kind of thread, I am certain. 

So what if a topic isn't worded the way you think it should be?  Is it the job of posters here to monitor, police and object to thread titles, topics and opinions you don't like, or to judge the intent of other VSL users?  No, it isn't. 

So what if somebody posts something in a thread where you don't  think it belongs? Is it the job of posters here to monitor, police and object to off topic posts, or to judge if they are off topic or not? No it isn't.

• last edited
    last edited

@knechtodawas said:

The only one showing trollish behaviour in this thread is William. Each of his posts makes me crying out loud. Ridiculous...

Exactly ...! It is trolling of such degree that I cannot even bother to answer ... going along with these insecurities about his work a very problematic mix. Anyone might just look at some of his previous contributions to this forum and all of the sudden ... the urge to answer any of his posts just disapears ... 😊

• *sigh*

This thread is now closed...

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL