Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,817 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• More demos will come. 

But regarding alternative versions, demos are not meant to be dissected, re-mixed or re-arranged with other libraries, this isn't my job, the objective for me is to show how a piece could sound with with synchron strings. What I can say is that the piece was written using a bit of MIRacle. I'm working on other demos which will give more variety and hope to post soon, however you may have to wait for Paul's walk through for specific kinds of demonstrations. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy Bacos said:

The Hatchling (with no percussion)

Overall, I think layering Synchron with Chamber Strings is basically just a must. It just must happen.

Why?  I think they sound fine just the way they are.  However maybe some solos would add a little kick to em' 

You know it's interesting, I thought the release of Synchron Strings would make "layering" obsolete but it has apparently become yet another ingredient in our beloved "strings recipes."  You take some App Strings mix in some chambers a touch of Synchron and just a dash of solos and there you have it😊 A wickedly sweet string concoction for your ears to feast upon.  But if spicy is more your taste then replace the chambers with  Dim Strings mutes. 

But Sean does bring up a good point here and that is layering has really become an art form by itself and even the mighty Syn;chron Strings won't change that.  There is just something about layering strings that make the strings come alive in a mix and everybody has there own way of layering (recipes).  I've experimented with creating two viola sections instead of violins and others layer mutes in their strings with even some, dare I say it, synths😔

• Were any legato presets used in either of these demos?

• Good that someone else is asking for Legato. I already thought my ears would fool me ... I missed (especially slurred-)legato too, which should sound Portamento.

• last edited
    last edited

May we get an answer for this question? Thank you.

@garylionelli said:

Were any legato presets used in either of these demos?

• Thanks to Christof for this beautyful demo, this immediately triggered the purchase :)

The first calm part is sounding absolutely marvelous! 

For better mixng -  can we expect a Synchron MIRx soon?

Keep up the great work!

Gabriel

• last edited
    last edited

@gabriel81 said:

[...]

For better mixng -  can we expect a Synchron MIRx soon?

[...]

If "Spring 2018" still counts as "soon", then the answer is yes! 😊

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I am a slow amateur, so more than enough for me!

• When I suggested The Nutcracker, I never intended anyone to produce a recording of the complete score. There are string passages that would be good for demonstraton purposes. If nothing else, when I get my copy of the new Synchron Strings, I might put something together. The Overture Miniature opens with only strings, however they are divsi. 

Another good excerpt would be from "Hertz und Tat und Mund und Leben" by Johann Sebatian Bach. The Chorale is usually translated as "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring".

I really hope we see divisi for Synchron Strings II. I might as well ask for the World too while I'm at it!

• last edited
    last edited

Oh, I'm a little bit late to the Synchron Strings demo thread - a worker cut my internet line about a month ago, and then it was fixed, but  then last week a bulldozer clearing area for a cabin to be built, ripped up a NBN internet cable through which I was connected, but I'm finally back on the net again with my own computer, but had the internet on where I work part time so I  managed to hear the demo's when first released, ....oh, wow - this string library is just awesome sounding😎⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. Beautifully clear and so expressive. Oh, it is a definitely "I must have this" sample library.

Thanks for the demo's Guy and Christof. I love what you've created with these strings. Fantastic work both of you.

VSL - take a bow and enjoy the applause! Well done. What an amazing sound you have created! As soon as I heard the sounds I loved them straight away, and my mind started buzzing with all of the things I could do with the sound of these strings. Thank you VSL!

best,

Steve 😃

• last edited
    last edited

@garylionelli said:

May we get an answer for this question? Thank you.

Were any legato presets used in either of these demos?

• last edited
    last edited

@garylionelli said:

May we get an answer for this question? Thank you. [quote=garylionelli;267820] Were any legato presets used in either of these demos?
    "No." (Sorry Gary, but I thought that it is time to give you some answer ... even if you won't like it 😉

• No Lars––I love the answer! It didn't sound like legato presets to me, and if they were, I wouldn't have believed it and would have been disappointed. VSL put legato on the map, so I know whatever they have in store for Sychron Strings legato will be outstanding. I remember back to when I first heard their legato flute in some house in Hollywood a very long time ago, and was so blown away! I already ordered the strings days ago, and am looking forward to a Christmas surprise. Thanks so much.

• Guy Bacos,

when you use Miracle to unify the section you keep the algo reverbs inside Synchron player off?

Another thing, how you manage to get portato repetitions with Synchron strings I or Synchron strings Pro?

Thank you,

Rubens