Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,580 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,852 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Well i just joined the club...Same error message as was posted earlier.

Ok here's what i found on Motunation. This fixed Both UAD issues AND VEPRO.

Let me know if it helps you too!

Claude

Digital Performer and Universal Audio Workaround fix for UAD plug-ins on macOS High Sierra
    1.) Run the UAD 9.4 installer. Restart the computer. If this is the first time running the UAD installer, make sure to enable the UAD driver in System Preferences, Security & Privacy.
    2.) Open the Applications folder and drag the Digital Performer application to the trash. If you have multiple versions of DP, be sure to drag all versions to the trash.
    3.) Hold the Option Key while clicking on the Finder's "GO" drop-down menu, select Library, then open the Preferences folder. Find the com.motu.MotuAudioSystem folder and drag it to the trash. Empty the trash.
    4.) Download the DP 9.51 installer available at motu.com/downloads and run the installer.
    5.) Find the VST folder (System HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/) and rename the folder to anything other than โ€œVSTโ€ (for example, โ€œVST_tempโ€).
    Your Audio Unit UAD plug-ins will now be available in Digital Performer.

• Hi Claude,

That's absolutely brilliant - thanks for sharing, works perfectly here!

Best, Marnix

• The problem with this solution is that it rendered my UA plugs (and all other VST's) non-operable in other DAW's that I also use, e.g. Cubase 9 and Protools 12, so not really a good solution for me.  And it still does nothing for VEP.

• Did this really work? I only use AU and MASplugins so if this can get me up a running again it would be amazing. Please let me know.

• Anybody got it to work? Just bought new Mac pro. Did the suggested workaround, apparently in didn't work for me. It work for the first attempt. But when I quit DP and try to reopen it'll crash again. The only workaround I found that work is that I have to trash the com.motummotuaudiosystem folder everytime I want to launch DP. Then when i launch dp, dp will rescan all the plugins as if it's a new installed plugins (with vst folder modified/hidden)Then it'll work with no crash. DP will open Ve pro AU just fine as long as I don't quit the Dp Any other suggestions?

• I have been on with DP support and going back and forth trying to find a solution. VEP 6 doesn't work and there is no work around. VEP 5 will work if you uncheck the MAS VST button in preferences. 

Switching back to VEP 5 kills me because I had just rebuilt my template using VEP 6. So I am now rebuilding it in VEP 5. Probably take me a day or two to load the instruments and route everything but at least I will have the "sound" I want. It may not be as functional and pretty but it will work until they get around to finding a fix for VEP 6.

Switching DAWs is more of a pain to me than using VEP 5 and it should be seemless to switch once they figure this mess out. It wasn't sounding like a solution was imminent. We are 4 months down the road from the first post on this board about this issue so I am not optimistic about the next few months.

I wish VSL was a little more proactive here supplying some solutions or at least sympathy. If there are a few of us here on the boards there are a lot more out there scrambling and that doesn't make anybody look good. MOTU loses in this situation because there is no other option for VEP/MIR while there are a lot of DAWs and they aren't nearly as expensive as samples

G

• last edited
    last edited

I agree... its been 4 months now and still no solution. I tried VEP 6 with the latest update of Logic and it works... no crashes. If this is not solved soon I may have to go to Logic or downgrade to VEP 5. Whatever the case, if this is not solved by March, I will probably not use DP or VEP anymore in my projects. It will simply be too risky to use them.  ๐Ÿ‘Ž

• I finally managed to get it work! So apparently the cause of the problem is Vienna Ensemble Pro.bundle & Vienna Ensemble Pro Audio Input.bundle located in : system - library - audio - plugins - MAS. I managed to get DP & VE PRO running on High Sierra without having MAS on VE PRO (I can live with that as long as I get my DP AU & VE PRO working together)

I dont know about the VST folder folder thing. I managed to get it work just by removing those bundles. At some point I forgot to rename my VST folders  to VST_TEMP & it still works (if you install new plugins, some plugins will automtically create new VST folder on you plugins folder.

The weird thing is it even works with DP 9.13! (I'm running 9.13 this whole day & installing Altiverb, Waves etc). I tried to switch between DP 9.51 & 9.13. Both works with VST folder on it! Aparently on my system the only problem is the VE PRO MAS bundle. Has anybody tried to remove their VE PRO bundle from MAS folder?

Anyhow I haven't work on a "big session template" today. So  I don't if its gonna be fully compatible. But so far I installed Waves, Kontakt, Altiverb, Amplitube 3 etc & DP hasn't crash while also running VE PRO 6

• last edited
    last edited

It worked for me... no more crashes....  No more MAS for me....๐Ÿ˜Ž

• last edited
    last edited

Of course why should the customers be working on a work around on this problem instead of the coders...???  Both Vienna and MOTU should have had a work around or better on this by now.  ๐Ÿ‘Ž

• As detailed in the other forum (https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/m269814-macOS-High-Sierra--10-13--compatibility#post269814) the solution that involves deleting the com.motu.MotuAudioSystem folder  and 'renaming' your vst folder and such DOES actually work, however it is incorrect. (http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64443)

1) You must go to com.motu.MotuAudioSystem folder and delete the Audio Unit and VST Info Cache files EVERY TIME after you have closed out of DP.  If you've customized which plugins you're loading, especially VST's (see below) then do NOT erase the Audio Plugin Prefs file.  This means that yes, you must reload them upon opening DP, but it also means that YOU CAN USE YOUR VST PLUGINS! (see #2)

2) You DO NOT have to rename the VST folder, and as such you can use your VST's (at least after you've done the steps.  You can go back, rename the folder, and then have DP examine the VST's).  However, I would in the preferences refrain from loading VST VEP.  You have AU and MAS that will work via this method, and I'm too lazy to test if it works (it probably does).  I'd also suggest only having it examine the VST plugins you actually use, because while the AU ones are fast, the VST's take significantly longer.  If you only use VST's as eq, compression, and virtual space, for instance, you can do all of that in VEP so...a strange work around but yah.

3) I have tried the above method of deleting the .bundle files for VEP.  Did not affect this method at all, except that I wasnt able to use the MAS versions of VEP.  Hey, with the above method, you can use the MAS VEP.

I highly suspect this glitch has to do with how DP analyzes plugins the first time around and then creates an info cache.  Since deleting the cache fixes the problem until DP is restarted, I'm honestly not sure why a simple programing fix involving those plugins cant be done on MOTU's side.  There, I'm finally pointing the finger at the software company with the real problem, and they have done little about it except pointing fingers at everyone else.  I'm not losing any money on this issue yet, but for any of you who are, I think this is probably grounds for a lawsuit.  Feel free to lawyer up!

I hope this helps.  Maybe its a system by system problem and theres a billion different solutions for this issue and all of you are right, but this one worked for me.

• last edited
    last edited

Five months since the high sierra release date and still no fix to the problem....๐Ÿ˜•

• last edited
    last edited

@rickindies said:

I finally managed to get it work! So apparently the cause of the problem is Vienna Ensemble Pro.bundle & Vienna Ensemble Pro Audio Input.bundle located in : system - library - audio - plugins - MAS. I managed to get DP & VE PRO running on High Sierra without having MAS on VE PRO (I can live with that as long as I get my DP AU & VE PRO working together)

I dont know about the VST folder folder thing. I managed to get it work just by removing those bundles. At some point I forgot to rename my VST folders  to VST_TEMP & it still works (if you install new plugins, some plugins will automtically create new VST folder on you plugins folder.

The weird thing is it even works with DP 9.13! (I'm running 9.13 this whole day & installing Altiverb, Waves etc). I tried to switch between DP 9.51 & 9.13. Both works with VST folder on it! Aparently on my system the only problem is the VE PRO MAS bundle. Has anybody tried to remove their VE PRO bundle from MAS folder?

Anyhow I haven't work on a "big session template" today. So  I don't if its gonna be fully compatible. But so far I installed Waves, Kontakt, Altiverb, Amplitube 3 etc & DP hasn't crash while also running VE PRO 6

This worked for me! I hope there are no problems with the AU version of VEP Event Input.

**Leigh

• last edited
    last edited

@leigh said:

This worked for me! I hope there are no problems with the AU version of VEP Event Input.

Event Input does NOT work because the AU version drops note-offs.

**Leigh

• I'm totally dependent on the MAS plugin (my DP project is MIDI only, all audio is mixed in VE Pro), so the suggested workarounds did not work for me. Had to go back to Sierra, and I feel I'm now stuck with it. 

• last edited
    last edited

Its been six months since high sierra's release... Come on now.... what is going on?? Is MOTU helping?? ๐Ÿ˜ 

• last edited
    last edited

@crescentmoon52_8709 said:

Its been six months since high sierra's release... Come on now.... what is going on?? Is MOTU helping?? ๐Ÿ˜ 

It is frustrating.

I do appreciate that MOTU did listen to some feedback I had given when previously escalating as I requested a bit more front-facing public disclosure with critical problems.  Had they explicitly stated in release notes last fall that VE-Pro MAS wasn't working, I never would've wasted a day updating then having to revert back.

Their website now explicitly states this in the update/download area and I hope they continue to maintain that type of detailed transparency with future releases if major issues present themselves.

As an end-user, knowing more information up front is always better than less - especially when it has the possibility of disrupting individuals' productivity & time.

• Hi all,

This is to let you know that Apple just released macOS 10.13.4, which in fact seems to fix the incompatibility issues between VE Pro 6 MAS and DP 9.5.1!

Best, Marnix