Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Softube Modular with VEP6 Server

I've been familiarising myself with 64bit Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 server and running Softube Modular.

I'm having trouble browsing the Softube Modular presets as Presets the drop-down dialog fills the entire screen, and only displays a portion of the full list without being able to scroll the view - I can still navigate to presets off the screen, I just can't see them so it becomes guesswork.

Behaves the same way docked or undocked.

Is there a way around this?

• Welcome compuphonic, 

Which platform are you working on, and which version of VE PRO?

Unfortunately there is indeed a display bug with very long preset lists, which is caused by a bug in one of our development tools (Qt), but I hope that this will be solved with one of their future updates. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for replying.

I'm experiencing this on Windows 10 with ViennaEnsemblePro-WIN-6.0.16419, although first noticed this with the update prior to this.

I don't have the same issue when using a Mac as a slave (tested on HIgh Sierra) - preset browsing is a bit cumbersome (can be slow to scroll a long list), but it does work ok.

The slave system is then feeding back into the most recent version of Ableton (VST) or Logic X (AU), depending on what I'm using at the time and has been working well otherwise.

I was investigating if I could send Bank & Program change messages from the DAW to the slave, but haven't managed to figure out if this is possible.