Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,119 users have contributed to 42,275 threads and 254,983 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@marnix said:

EDIT: I can confirm after some testing that you can have DP load VST's through this method, though it takes FOREVER.   Therefore you do NOT need to change the VST folder name, of you can change it back to normal if you go through the above steps, then select which VST's you wish to load through preferences.  This will add a Audio Plugin Prefs file, which you'll need to keep so that all the plugins you desire will load after deleting the cache's.  I suggest, however, not loading the VEP VST, because that's probably the issue, but since this is a Mac only problem just use the AU.  The other methods described on other forums don't work unless I'm doing it wrong.  It's a bad solution, but a solution nonetheless.

This solution does not work if you need to use Event Input.

I deeply appreciate VSL's long explanation of the situation. 

**Leigh

• Hi all,

This is to let you know that Apple just released macOS 10.13.4, which in fact seems to fix the incompatibility issues between VE Pro 6 MAS and DP 9.5.1!

Best, Marnix 

• Obviously they were waiting for me to break down and get Logic, which I did just a couple of days ago!

• [size=9][/size]THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽ·πŸŽ·πŸŽ·πŸŽ·πŸŽ·πŸŽ·

• On the bright side, Logic has many great sound effects in the Foley section of their library. You can bounce some down and use as sound design and other things. They are well worth the 200 bucks. Logic is also great for the quick project that doesn't need live instruments/ players ; where you just want to drop the curser at your starting point, or even a hard hit. It's also a quick DAW for bouncing something in place quickly and scrubbing quickly.

• Good points all. Plus, I have long wanted Hermode tuning, which Logic has and DP does not; and it just happens that I'm having a problem with the NI S88 and DP, the the S88 works like a charm in Logic. So all in all I'm pleased.

• last edited
    last edited

If you need to use Metric Halo's MIO Console software, do NOT update to 10.13.4:

@Another User said:

To All MIO Users: 

The latest update to macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) appears to introduce a bug that is not allowing MIO Console to launch properly. 

The driver will still stream audio, but you will not be able to use MIO Console to make configuration changes. 

For that reason we recommend that for the time being you DO NOT UPDATE to macOS 10.13.4. You should be fine up to version 10.13.3. 

We will post again when we have more information. 

Best regards, 

Jon Stern 

• last edited
    last edited

So is it safe now to upgrade, or will there also be a fix coming from VSL?

@marnix said:

Hi all,

This is to let you know that Apple just released macOS 10.13.4, which in fact seems to fix the incompatibility issues between VE Pro 6 MAS and DP 9.5.1!

Best, Marnix 

• last edited
    last edited

I just upgraded from 10.12 to 10.13.4 and everything worked fine with VEPro 5

@Kevin Kliesch said:

So is it safe now to upgrade, or will there also be a fix coming from VSL?

• last edited
    last edited

@marnix said:

Hi all,

Best, Marnix 

I just upgraded to 10.13.4 and DP 9.5.1 using templates previously working in DP 9.5 & Sierra.  VE-Pro 6 plugins appear to be loading fine; none of the errors I was receiving before are appearing.

I also just opened up a blank project and added some VE-Pro MAS instrument tracks and those appeared to load without previously seen errors either.

Somebody was escalating issues they were still having on another thread, however I'm not experiencing that issue.

https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/m270832findlastpost-VEP-and-DP-9-5-1-High-Sierra#post27083