Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] Can't find "Vienna Instruments x64.dll"

Hi,

Would like to use Special Edition in Notion 6, however, the SE presets cannot be found. As far as I learned now, the file "Vienna Instruments x64.dll" is needed therefore, but I can't find it anywhere on the computer.

Could a new installation of Vienna Instruments help? When doing so, do I have to newly install the library files?

Thanks for help and sorry for stupid questions...

Peter

• Hi Peter, 

Yes, please install Vienna Instruments once again, and make sure that you are chosing the right VST Plug-in folder for the 64 bit plug-in. 

This VST Plug-in folder also needs to be assigned in the Notion Preferences. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Dear Paul,

thanks for your help, everything works fine now.

Best, Peter

• How do you reinstall?  Can you describe the steps?  I am experiencing the same things...

Frankz.

• Hello frankz, 

Check which VST plug-in folders you are installing Vienna Instruments to. 

This is where you need to point the VST Plug-in folder on Notion's Preferences. 

You can also send us screenshots of your VST Plug-in folder and the Notion Preferences to check: support@vsl.co.at

Please include a link to this thread. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Regarding the "Vienna Imperial .dll" file that is required, when I installed the program I did chose to install it in Drive E (not Drive C) and all I can see are the three .dat files, which is really large (around 20 Gb each), but absolutely no .dll file. 

Do I have to go through the entire installing process and registration again? And how should I do it correctly, to be able to record using Reaper?

John