Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Prokofiev Pianoconcerto II + III

last edited
    last edited

I just put my recent recordings of Prokofievs Pianoconcerto II and III online:

This is just music I loved to listen each time when I drove frequently through the Alps decades ago. So I just like this music. I hope this might be audible in my recordings.

So here is Prokofievs:

Pianoconcerto Nr.2 in g-minor

+

Pianoconcerto Nr.3 in C-Major

All done with VSL and their Vienna Imperial.

• Hi Steffen,

In one word: outstanding. I like the Prokofiev's music a lot, but I wasn't so familiar with the concerto nr. 2. Your performance is a tribute to this mighty composition!

Max

• Incredibly expressive. Sometimes, much more than some recordings of these works I could listen to!

Paolo

• Thank You Max and Paolo

Your friendly reaction is very encouraging.

• I just started listening to no.3 which I have heard many times played by real orchestras. 

Your rendering is outstandingly convincing! The performance is almost like a real orchestra. The expressions are so natural and the shaping is nearly perfect. Its amazing that you took such a complicated piece and did an excellent job of it. I canti imagine how much effort this must have taken you!

The only criticism I have is that the piano sounds a little 'boxed in'. I dont know how to express it but it feels a little tiny to me and not 'grand'.

Besides that, I occasionally hear the 'tinny' sound of strings which was discussed in other demos as a standard issue with samples.

But overall very impressive. Congrats on the great work.

Anand

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on