Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,817 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Bude Večer - for symphonic orchestra and choir

last edited
    last edited

Dear friends,

Here's an earlier composition (after the original Czech folk song), this time accompanied by some images. All instruments are VSL, the choir is Kontakt.
    The score was made in Notion nad recorded from there as well. So, no DAW involved here. (It was commissioned and I didn't have much time to complete it.) Bude Večer was performed by a Czech choir and orchestra in November 2016.

I hope you enjoy it!

Max

Bude Večer (video)

• Very nice Max! It has a sweet and innocent feel to it. It takes me back to my childhood waking up on Christmas morning. I wouldn't change a thing to this piece.

• Thanks for your kind reply, Jasensmith.

Max

• What a beautiful melody creatively expressed by your orchestra Max! I love the clarinet/woodwins opening. Also the horns at around the 4 and a half minute mark. Majestic in it's simplicity....so pastoral and soothing. Well done. I could wake up in the morning listening to this...what a way to open your day!

• Thanks Wayne,

I'm so happy to see you back here and I hope under the circumstances you're doing well. Music is one of the best curings and medicins.

And now, I'm curious to hear your latest piece.

Max 

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on