Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• How many CPUs can VEPro use?

Hi!

I'm looking into buying an old server and host instruments via VEPro to a master computer. Some servers have very many CPUs. How many CPUs can VEPro actually handle? Thanks!

//NoB

• Hi NoB, 

I don't think there's a limit to the number of CPUs VE PRO can use. But be careful with old computers, they become VERY old quickly. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks for replying to my threads Paul. Don't you think and old server with lots of CPU and RAM redundancy (and warranty!) would work as a slave for 3-5 years in the future? Like 2 - 4 xeon processors with 6-8 cores each, 3+ GHz?

//NoB

• last edited
    last edited

Hi again,

I'm afraid that these details are not enough to base a decision on, and hardware recommendations are always tricky, as everybody has different expectations (and budgets).

That's why we like to point to our experienced system builders if you are looking for powerful systems that will work for many years and come with service and guarantee.

If you add some more informatio about which Xeon Processors are used, maybe someone else can chime in with their experience?

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL