Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,442 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,797 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• VSL? Transmitting KK commands between masters and slaves is a HUGE deal. They need to support NKS.

• Any update on LightGuide support? Having no visual keyswitch indication on my S-Series controller is a real bummer..

• Hello Paul,

Any update on this as its been some months now. I am sure it must be possible?

Surely if the VEP plugin was made NKS compatible it would be possible to load it inside an instance of Komplete Kontrol in the DAW and have it communicate with the hardware?

I have tried and while it does not work, it does show something happening.

I also tried loading an instance of the VEP server plugin in the DAW and connecting to VEP with a Komplete Kontrol plugin in a rack. This is the closest to working, but it can only manage to load one instance as DAW feedback gets broken and so Track Focus does not work.

• Hi, 

No updates there, but it is still on the list. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks, lets hope 2018 finds solution as for me the keyboard is unfulfilled as I rely heavily on VEP!

• Any news on this?

• Hi, 

No news since yesterday, I'm afraid. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi, what about today Paul??

we are a couple of us just waiting  for a solution; in my case i´m not gonna get VEP, till this will be solved..

you´re a GOOD brand!!, time to show it!!

yours.

• If it does display the name of controls on the kbd, it is NKS compatible,  othersise not

More and more users are asking this ! we have to wait for the kindness of VSL

Same for AU3 support ;)

• Please let me know what about VEP and Komplete Control? Any news? Because there is no functionality of my keyboard because of it....

• +1

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • From the Native Intruments site: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/nks/

"Native Instruments works closely with partners to update their products to the growing NKS standard. Are you a professional software instrument or effect developer? If you want to update your plug-ins to the NKS format, get in touch to find out about the NKS Developer Kit."

So come VSL get in touch with them!!

• Yes PLEASE PEASE DO!

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

No updates there, but it is still on the list. 

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul; the 49 keys version of the new MKII Komplete Keyboard will find a home in my setup, could not resist any longer. Ofcourse I would love to see integration with VEP (or just the instruments plugin), but understand it will need some pretty serious coding. 

NI offers a 'mapping' solution for the remote operating of plugins parameters on the DAW the komplete keyboard is connected to; easy to understand it won't function for a slave VEP cos of the nature of its design (and given the sheer number of parameters and data transmission involved if an update would accommodate this).

But how about some sort of navigation? a Remote VEP on it's own screen connected to the slave it resides on but operated from the komplete keyboard? The navigation data has to be mapped to a control panel outside the DAW sending VEP's already existing (ASCII)keyboard shortcuts over the network to their corresponding slaves, but the coding involved is way less complex compared to bringing all parameters of VEP slaves back to the main DAW.. 

NI has to be asked to open a door for VSL so this control panel can grab the data and send it straight over the network to the slaves, but it would enhance the workflow considerably, offering benefits for both companies; komplete keyboard users will be tempted to expand their libraries with VSL products and vice versa.. 

Just my thoughts here, I'm probably overlooking stuff and understand how a company like VSL plans & mans its projects way ahead in the future. But the thought is too tempting; the less moments I spent operating a computer keeps me in the composing workflow. Even when it's just as simple as sending (ASCII)keyboard shortcuts from an NI keyboard controller (nice, two totally different objects with the same name); but the komplete keyboard controller is a musical instrument where the ASCII keyboard is a typewriter..

Best,

Nick Mulder 

• last edited
    last edited

Hello

Looks it is still at the bottom of the list.     .😢

I have ask for NKS compatibility in July 2015 and I was answered "VI PRO Remote Control"

With my band we where going to use VSL with MainStage live.

The problem is that each time you change instrument the key switches are changing and that is not at all confortable ; also each time you change keyboardist you have to explain the setup and he has to remember where are the keyswitches 

So we decide not to use VSL live, too much trouble !

VSL has not understand that it will open them another market of Live Musicians

Looks like we just have to sit and cry  and forget about it   .😢

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • +1   I hope that VSL can figure out how to get the light guide working.  It is very helpful for key switching.  

• last edited
    last edited

@mbira said:

+1   I hope that VSL can figure out how to get the light guide working.  It is very helpful for key switching.  

Are there any news on this subject? I have just bought NI S88 MK2 keyboard, and how can I use it with the Vienna Ensemble pro???

• Adding my +1 for this as well!