Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• In Time There Will Be No Time

last edited
    last edited

I posted this piece a month or so ago, I was happy with the composition and orchestration (VSL strings only) but wasn't happy with the dynamics. So here is version 2...

Thanks for listening!

Jerry

PLAY

• last edited
    last edited

@jsg said:

I posted this piece a month or so ago, I was happy with the composition and orchestration (VSL strings only) but wasn't happy with the dynamics.  So here is version 2...

Thanks for listening!

Jerry

PLAY

Great string sound. One of your better compositions. 

• Wonderful string work here Jerry!  

Was there some synth help at all?  I've been experimenting with layering some analogue synths with my strings with both promising and not so promising results.  

• last edited
    last edited

@jasensmith said:

Wonderful string work here Jerry!  

Was there some synth help at all?  I've been experimenting with layering some analogue synths with my strings with both promising and not so promising results.  

Hi Jasen,

No synths, only VSL Appassionata, Solo and Orchestral strings.  I just remodeled my studio and replaced a 14 year old digital mixing board with all-software based mixing (the MOTU 1248 replaced the Yamaha DM2000).  Studio was down for several weeks and now I am finally back at work on a new symphony.  I love the new studio, better ergonomics, less environmental impact and, well, when it comes to technology smaller is usually better.

Here's a photo:  Studio

Jerry

• Gosh, that's a pretty great studio set up you have there, Jerry. I wish I had more than my one humble computer and keyboard (not to mention my one little vsl library!) unfortunately my music doesn't generate funds to buy all of that stuff, so I'll continue to make do with what I have. Happy writing! Dave

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on