Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Belkin: Mouvement Symphonique #3

This is a (very much improved) simulation of my 3rd Mouvement Symphonique, I hope it will be of interest. This is a short one movement work for orchestra, about 10 minutes long. It was done entirely with VSL sounds.

https://soundcloud.com/alan-belkin/sm3

• Hi Alan,

I enjoyed this very much. It's a cogent piece of writing and very engaging and personal.

It's very convincing programming too, however I had one tiny niggle - the glock  sounded a little too present for me. I tend to sink it back a bit further in the hall, but it is just a personal preference and in no way does it detract from the wonderful concise writing. Please post the rest of the work.....

Mike.

www.mikehewer.com
  • last edited
    last edited

@mh-7635 said:

Hi Alan,

I enjoyed this very much. It's a cogent piece of writing and very engaging and personal.

It's very convincing programming too, however I had one tiny niggle - the glock  sounded a little too present for me. I tend to sink it back a bit further in the hall, but it is just a personal preference and in no way does it detract from the wonderful concise writing. Please post the rest of the work.....

Mike.

Glad you like it. This work is independant, there are no other movements. 😊

• Hi Alan,

beautiful and interesting music. But also the use of the samples of all instruments beautiful. I like very much on several places the real singing violins, beautiful sound (some lower notes warm, real "violinistic", but also in the higher area). 

• last edited
    last edited

@MMKA said:

Hi Alan,

beautiful and interesting music. But also the use of the samples of all instruments beautiful. I like very much on several places the real singing violins, beautiful sound (some lower notes warm, real "violinistic", but also in the higher area). 

Thank you! It was a lot of work, but I really wanted it to sound musical!

• You definitly succeeded in that!

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on