Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,952 users have contributed to 42,268 threads and 254,960 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] REAKTOR: Using multiple plugin-instances in the same server-instance?

Hi there,

I'm currently testdriving VEP with Logic Pro X and it's absolutely awesome! 

But there's one problem I can't figure out and it's related to NI REAKTOR:

I have one multiout-server-instance running on a slave machine, containing several different synths, each of which has a separate midi channel assigned.

Whenever I insert a second plugin-instance of REAKTOR into the server-instance it doesn't receive any input - except on channel one, which has already been assigned to the first REAKTOR-instance.

Now, I can use a second midi port and play my second REAKTOR-instance without any problems, but it would be nicer if I could have multiple plugin-instances running in the same server-instance and being controlled by different midi channels.

I mean, it works with any synth so far, except REAKTOR. Is this a known problem? 

Cheers,
    Heiko

• Hi Heiko,

I hope the attached srceenshot explains it all. ;-)

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • PS: It might be worth mentioning that Reaktor's _Instrument_ is the receiving item, not the Reaktor _Ensemble_.

Kind regards,

• last edited
    last edited

You are the best! Thanks a lot! It's working flawlessly now. 😃

I didn't choose the right module inside the ensemble before.

• :-) You're welcome! Good to hear that it's working for you, too. 

Kind regards,

• Hi,

I tried this method with Reaktore 6.1and it's not working for me.  Am i mising something?

Thanks for your help!

Alex

• It looks like you are missing the part about Instrument rather than Ensemble. In Reaktor you must go deeper one level to the instrument. Via the Edit button.

see attachment - I have Panel selected but the next indication 'Monark' to its right is at the Instrument Level (and then lower, the second 'Monark'): 

• Thanks! I am new to Reaktor, so it took me a while to figure out the difference between ensembles and instruments.  I found out that with Blocks, which is a collection of many instruments, you need to make sure the midi imput block is visible and then set the midi input channels there, and it works great!

Cheers

Alex