Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Save/Load instance with name?

Hi

I'm about to merge to Server Projects from 2 macs into one. When I open the Server Project with the Project/instance that I want to copy, I first save it with a name ex. VSL Harp 1+2.

Now I open the target Server Project and here is the problem, that I can't get my VSL Harp 1+2 into WITH the name. I have to create a new Instance give it a name, load the VSL Harp 1+2 in the instance and rename it. Why?

Why can't I load an Instance right into the server interface with name and everything. And why is the name an Instance when I create it and a project when I save it?

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Stig,

Could it be that you are mixing up the preserved name (which is dynamic) and the *.vep file name (which is static, the saved state of an instance)?

You can also see the name of a loaded *.vep file next to the menu bar of each instance, in [..]

See pages 40/41 in the VE PRO 6 manual.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul

I found a solution, it might even be in the manual ;-)

If I drag a vep64 file from a folder to the TOP of the server window a new instance is created and the name is preserved.

If I drag it to the middle of the server instance then another procedure is followed. I clearly prefer the first solution.