Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Very Odd MIDI with Logic X - VEP6 - VSL Template

I'm using the 6X16 Ports Template for Logic X, I used to load around 20 instances going to AUX tracks in Logic (High CPU, RAM, and only 256 Track Limit) this template has almost halved my RAM usage, and CPU seems to be much better. 

The problems: 

MIDI note D4 hangs, everytime I hit this key on any instrument it acts like a sustain pedal is holding it down and requires a playback stop/start to stop it.

This D4 note also cycles through the CC7 Volume fader every time it's pressed. (Every time D4 is hit, the Fader goes up by one MIDI value, once at 127, starts again.) Very odd

Lastly, CC7 doesn't control my individual volume controls, it controls the master VEPro plug in channel, this is also on every channel. 

Hope someone can help with this, this template works so much better for me as I'm on a single Mac Pro 12-core, but these issues are stopping it from becoming my go-to template.

Thanks! 

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Jarrod,

If a note hangs with this setup, did you check if the exact same note is triggered on another MIDI Channel as well? That could cause confusion. Very strange also that CC7 Volume is affected by a note.

Did you check if that also happens when you start from scratch with our Multiport Template?

CC7 always affects all instruments - you can use CC11 (Expression) or assign another fader to the given VE PRO channel via Channel Automation.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • If I was you I will double check the Environnement.

It's might be damadge (latelly I have found 3 x time the same object stack on each other)

Copy and paste it from a new song

For CC7, the best is you make in the Environment a Transformer that is converting CC7 to CC11 so you do not need to change the Automation

• I figured out my CC7 problem haha, it turned out I'd Automation learned it to D4 instead of my fader! Silly mistake was all, oops!

Terrific, how would I assign another fader to the master VEP instance? Is there no way to set up CC7 for individual tracks? As in the actual Kontakt faders are being automated as apposed to Expression, I tend to use expression for trimming, CC7 for mixing volumes. No worries if not! 

Thanks very much