Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,520 users have contributed to 42,236 threads and 254,836 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 24 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Music for Twelve Instruments

last edited
    last edited

• I was very intriqued by the opening of your piece.  It suited the mood I am in right now, but for some unknown reason, the music suddenly stopped with almost 3 minutes remaining. Was that intentional or a problem with my computer?  I assume that you used sounds other than the VSL.

Mark

• last edited
    last edited

@thomamd said:

I was very intriqued by the opening of your piece.  It suited the mood I am in right now, but for some unknown reason, the music suddenly stopped with almost 3 minutes remaining. Was that intentional or a problem with my computer?  I assume that you used sounds other than the VSL.

Mark

Mark,

The mp3 file is playing correctly on two different computers.  Might be a problem on your end. Yes, VSL instruments + three software synthesizers.

Jerry

• Hi Jerry,

The mp3 plays correctly and blew me away again. Indeed, very intriguing and skilfull. Normally I'm not so fond of cross-overs, but here it functions so well that it almost passed without noticing. The final is great with the many runs. A very varied and interesting piece of chamber music. I'm sure it would do well with many performers looking for extraordinary scores.

Well done!

Max

• last edited
    last edited

@Max Hamburg said:

Hi Jerry,

The mp3 plays correctly and blew me away again. Indeed, very intriguing and skilfull. Normally I'm not so fond of cross-overs, but here it functions so well that it almost passed without noticing. The final is great with the many runs. A very varied and interesting piece of chamber music. I'm sure it would do well with many performers looking for extraordinary scores.

Well done!

Max

It makes me happy that you appreciate my music.   I haven't even entertained the idea of getting this work performed live, not that it wouldn't be nice, but I am focused on learning more about virtual instruments, digital orchestration and production, there's always more to learn.  This relatively new sub-field of both music composition and music production is where my heart is, but there's no shortage of good music available for people to play.  It's a lot of time and financial investment to line up a performance with more than a few people, and to get a high quality recording. 

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on