Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Key Switch Dump for Finale Version 25

I just dowhloaded Finale Version 25 on my iMac and I want to be able to use my VSL with it, how do I go about doing this?

• There are instructions included in the Zip file

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Hello Illuminatus!

The Human Playback Preferences for the Special Edition Volumes 1 to 4 and the Keyswitch Dump File for Finale can be downloaded at the following link. Instructions are included with the downloads.
    http://www.vsl.co.at/en/MyDownloads/Notation_Related

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Andi, is there any chance that the HP preferences can be made available to those of us who have the full instruments? It would be a good starting place for getting them setup in Finale.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • I have the key switch working correcly, but when I make an audio file the music has these skip in it and it's driving me mad. How can I eliminate these skips in the audio file? Btw these skips are not apparent while the finale file itself is open and being played with the Human Playback.

• Some versions of Finale 2012 and Finale 2014 had an export audio bug with our plugins. This bug has been fixed with Finale 2014.5. Which version did you use exactly? Could you post a link to an audio file? Please also include information about your system like OS, CPU, RAM, audio device and buffer settings.

Bill, please send your request to support@vsl.co.at and I will send you the Human Playback file for the Special Editions.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • I used Finale 2012 previously but used the latest Finale 2014 keyswitch dump for V25. For the Audio Setup, these are my configurations: Sample rate of 48,000Hz and a Buffer Size of 4096. I'm using OS Sierra, my system CPU is around 3.49%, user is around 5.61%, and idle is anywhere from 89-96%. The RAM is 8GB. I hope this helps. It also seems when the music gets loud the skips really come in. 

• Thanks Andi!

• Hi Illuminatus!

I would try a smaller bufer size. I'm still unsure what you mean with "skips". Can you post an example or send it to support@vsl.co.at?

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Here's an audio, the skips come in around the middle toward the end.

• This website is giving me hell on uploading an audio file, but these skips are comparable to hearing skips in music from a scratched CD or a CD with a lot of dust and grime on it. 

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on