Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Hybrid Orchestral

last edited
    last edited

Hello VSL,

i would love to hear your feedback on that one: Hybrid Orchestral.

Thank you

Francesco

Francesco
  • Hi Franchesco,

I'm guessing by the length and content of the track that this is only a beginning of a bigger piece, or a sketch to try out ideas. Excellent sound, in my opinion, is it dimension strings layered with something else? Maybe the snare drum was a tiny bit out of line with its "smack", but this is subjective again. I'd love to hear the intro idea (the one with staccatos) developed, though. The current version drops it in favor of the electronics rhythm, which was less compelling for my liking.

Cheers,

Crusoe

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Crusoe,

thank you so much for your comment! ðŸ˜Š

I am glad you enjoyed the sound and some musical ideas. Yes, this was a sketch to try and blend Vienna with those synthesizers and the electronic drumkit, but also a short-cue to sell on those websites who accept music of any possible lenght (including 1 minute tracks). All staccatos were from the SE Chamber Strings, whilst legatos were the SE Orchestral Strings.

Best Regards

Francesco

Francesco
  • I more-or-less agree with Crusoe (though I didn't have a problem with the snare drum's timing). The first idea was the most interesting and I thought it was a shame it ended so early.

I think you should vary the drums in the second idea. Currently it's just a little dull.

Generally it all sounds good and well-produced.

• Dear Yacob,

thanks for joining the conversation, glad you like the sound! I will definitely take into account your kind suggestions if i should decide to make a new version of this track.

Best Regards

Francesco

Francesco
  • PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on