Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Symphony #9, 1st movement

last edited
    last edited

Produced using VSL Orchestral Cube and Sonar Platinum

Symphony #9, 1st movement & score

This movement is part of my 13th CD Release

Hope you enjoy listening...

Jerry

• Hi Jerry,

Up to now I wasn't so familiar with your work, Jerry, but this movement has changed that completely. It is so convincing and thrilling that every second of it invited me to go on listening. Such a brilliant orchestration combined with a wide variety in rhytm, thematic material, dynamic contrasts, musical styles and atmosperes... All in just one movement. The rendition is simply fabulous (to be honest, I've only listened with my headphones) and detailed. I was glad it lasted for more then 10 minutes.

Just great!!!

Thanks,

Max

• last edited
    last edited

@Max Hamburg said:

Hi Jerry,

Up to now I wasn't so familiar with your work, Jerry, but this movement has changed that completely. It is so convincing and thrilling that every second of it invited me to go on listening. Such a brilliant orchestration combined with a wide variety in rhytm, thematic material, dynamic contrasts, musical styles and atmosperes... All in just one movement. The rendition is simply fabulous (to be honest, I've only listened with my headphones) and detailed. I was glad it lasted for more then 10 minutes.

Just great!!!

Thanks,

Max

I am pleased you enjoyed listening to this piece Max.   It's strange, I post numerous pieces on this forum and you're the only person who responds!   Other forums seem much more active in terms of responses.  In any event, thanks for the kind comments...

Jerry

• last edited
    last edited

@jsg said:

Produced using VSL Orchestral Cube and Sonar Platinum

Symphony #9, 1st movement & score

This movement is part of my 13th CD Release

Hope you enjoy listening...

Jerry

This is a very interesting piece. The orchestration mastery really stands out. I also find your harmonic language frequently quite interesting. On top of those things, the rendering sounds very realistic. In only a few spots do my ears say "samples" instead of a live orchestra. Congratulations on this excellent work.

• last edited
    last edited

[quote=jsg;251374

I am pleased you enjoyed listening to this piece Max. It's strange, I post numerous pieces on this forum and you're the only person who responds! Other forums seem much more active in terms of responses. In any event, thanks for the kind comments...

Jerry

[/quote]

Shocking, that you are not receiving more feedback, since you obviously have a lot of skill and talent. Personally, I thought this work was very attractive. What other sites are you using to post your music? Do you receive more feedback on the other sites?

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul McGraw said:

[quote=jsg;251374

I am pleased you enjoyed listening to this piece Max.   It's strange, I post numerous pieces on this forum and you're the only person who responds!   Other forums seem much more active in terms of responses.  In any event, thanks for the kind comments...

Jerry

Shocking, that you are not receiving more feedback, since you obviously have a lot of skill and talent. Personally, I thought this work was very attractive. What other sites are you using to post your music? Do you receive more feedback on the other sites?

[/quote]

I often post on the Sonar site (I use Sonar as my DAW).  The forums are much more active than VSL forums, many more people are listening and commenting on pieces.  

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on