Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Connecting VEP6 DAW plugin to Server on Slave

I've just installed (upgraded) VEP6 on my slave and master.    VEP5 was connecting and working with no problems just before the upgrade.

I open both the 32 bit and 64 bit servers on my slave (IP is 10.0.0.2).

I open my DAW (Sonar Platinum) and insert the VEP6 vst plugin and when I attempt to connect it to the slave server, there is no server/IP to connect to.    Does anyone have any ideas what I've overlooked?

Thanks

Roger

• Hi Roger, 

What are your network settings?

You should definitely use static IP addresses, and avoid 169.x.x.x addresses (these are automatically assigned by your computer and tend to change).

Please try the following: 

Manually assign one of these IP addresses to the computers in your setup: 10.0.0.x, and assign a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 (leave the other fields blank), then it should work. 

Also make sure that no firewalls or strict anti-virus programs could be in the way. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul.   I did check the subnet setting....for some reason I had it set to 255.255.240.0.    So I changed using your suggestion.    

But...ultimately the problem was the Windows Firewall settings.   It wasn't a problem with VEP5 but apparently VEP6 didn't like these settings...and honestly, I never set up the Windows Firewall, but I just never turned it off either.  Default I guess. 

Anyway, I don't have these two PC's connected to internet so disabling the Firewall is a no brainer.  Problem solved.  Thank you.

Roger

• Hi Roger, 

Thanks for the update, that´s good to hear. 

You could also add an exception in the Windows Firewall for VE PRO. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL