Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,708 users have contributed to 42,254 threads and 254,893 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• Hi, 

Yes, this fix is for VE PRO 6. Good idea to upgrade!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

OK thanks Paul... Vital questions though. Will all my VE Pro 5 Metaframes and Projects load without problem in VE Pro 6? I've put a HUGE amount of work into them!

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Best, 
    Paul

I just upgraded this last week and all previous 5 metaframes opened just fine.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

I canĀ“t guarantee that, as I donĀ“t know your setup at all.

But itĀ“s easy to check with a free demo license for VE PRO 6, if you like.

If you want to roll back, donĀ“t forget to use the VE PRO UNINSTALLER, then install VE PRO 5 again.

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, I canĀ“t guarantee that, as I donĀ“t know your setup at all. But itĀ“s easy to check with a [url=http://www.vsl.co.at/en/Vienna_Software_Package/Vienna_Ensemble_PRO]free demo license for VE PRO 6[/url], if you like. If you want to roll back, donĀ“t forget to use the VE PRO UNINSTALLER, then install VE PRO 5 again. Best,Paul
    Thanks Paul Sorry to bother you with yet another question but can VE PRO 5 and 6 be co-installed on the Mac and PC? In other words, an installation of VE PRO 6 won't affect an existing installation of VE PRO 5?

• Hi, 

VE PRO 5 and 6 cannot be co-installed, itĀ“s either-or. 

Best, 
    Paul

• OK thanks Paul.

• Hi Paul, My PC is still crashing every 20-30 minutes with the Blue Screen, when using VEP Pro Server 6.0.15864 as slave with Is Win 8.1 Pro, with the MAC Pro running Pro Tools 12.3.1 on OX 10.8.5. I use a dozen instances of Kontakt as it doesn't seem to use more than a few % more of resources in VEP and the PC itself, compared to one instance of Kontakt and many outputs; easier to control. I have Memory anagement errors, and many more. We performed the thorough Mem Test on the PC with perfect results. The crashes were often, but somewhat less frequent on VEP 5. We had upgraded to Ver. 6 last week to actually reduce crashes, but it became worse. We stayed on version 6.0.15864 because it is compatible with the MAC OS 10.8.5. The dozen different errros range throughout many areas of the computer. The info on the last crash, this morning, could not be obtained using Task Manager, as it was no longer visible to me. I am not a computer guru, by the way. I have a general knowledge. Is there a location with the crash files so you can analyze them? I'll email you the project file, as you have requested. We checked all drivers, and they seem up to date, yet only with this VEP and Kontakt combo we see errors, just as with the memory erros, yet the memory is fine. A year ago with VEP 5, using only VI sounds, we had a crash a day, and it was tolerable, if that info helps. My IT people (ADK Media) and I are about to upgrade to Win 10 Pro to see if this will help. If you, or anyone, can offer any assistance, I'd be grateful, as we basically cannot work. Thanks, Gordon 

• Hi Gordon, 

A blue screen always points to something bigger than "just" one program, it is a fatal system error. But maybe you can find some crash dumps and send it to support@vsl.co.at?

Crash dumps of VE PRO can be found at this location on Windows:
    C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VSL\Vienna Ensemble Pro\crashdumps\app

=> This folder is a hidden system folder, make sure that you see it: Organize => Folder and Search Options => "View" Tab.

Best,
    Paul