Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Which version are both of you trying to update? Maybe I picked the wrong versions to update from?

Best,
    Paul

Version of what, Windows or VEP? I'm using the latest updated versions of each. IIRC the problem started after the 2-3 update of VEP. I was using the latest version of Windows at the time (Aug)

• Hi Carl, 

Sorry, I thought that was obvious: Which version of VE PRO is installed when you are trying to update?
    We released 4 versions/updates in August. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I downloaded and installed (from MyVSL archive) 6.0.15318, then have been trying to automatically update to the latest, 6.0.15415.

• I've installed every new update. IIRC the problem started after installing the 2 update.

• Hi, 

So I´m trying to reproduce this behaviour on every Win 10 computer I can get my hands on.... Every automatic update works just like it should. 

I'll keep an eye on it, and of course I'm open to any suggestions and help!

Best, 
    Paul

• Paul, can you confirm your Windows 10 machines have the latest Windows updates? It could be coincidence, but I feel like my real issue (slave VEP crashes when connecting to it) started when Windows 10 updated. I tried to uninstall Win10 updates, but the problems continue.

Also, if it helps, I believe my main workstation (Win10 Pro) ALSO couldn't auto-update. Same thing happened, clicked install, VEP closes and nothing happens. I updated it manually to latest update via MyVSL.

• Another thought:

On another thread, another user with the same auto-install issue uninstalled VEP completely using CCleaner and tried to delete every remnant of VEP from the computer. He reinstalled VEP and the auto-update seemed to work (which in turn fixed his crashing issue).

I tried using CCleaner to do the same thing, but it didn't work. I'm wondering, do you have a recommened way for completely removing VEP 6 for a clean install? 

• Hi, 

Very latest updates installed, yes. 

All relevant parts of VE PRO are removed when installing another version on Windows (on OS X, you will need to use the Uninstaller).

Win Defender, Win Firewall, other 3rd party "safety programs" activated? 

We have literally thousands of Win 10 users, it´s hard to believe that only a few users are affected - there must be a difference somewhere. Wish I could reproduce this on one of our computers. Will keep trying, luckily this is not a crucial bug and easy to circumvent with a manual installation. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Will keep trying, luckily this is not a crucial bug and easy to circumvent with a manual installation. 

Definitely true. Unfortunately for me, I was hoping the auto-install would fix my msvcr120.dll crash issue, which is the root of my problems. I actually emailed you guys a generated crash report, but I haven't heard anything for a few weeks. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack Carl's thread with a separate issue, but I'm about out of options with this. I may have to roll back to VEP 5 in the meantime 😞

• Just installedthe latest update ( Nov 17) same results.

I got this message after installing, not sure if it's related or what it means, I never recieved this error before with any software or os. It opens & runs fime though..

Unable to execute file> Create Process failed, code 740.
    The requested operation requires elevation.