Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VEP6 Crash on Plugin Tests....but all is well in the end!

Out of 500+ plugins its not too bad that it only fails on one (but unfortunately a very nice one I wish to use!).

However, VEP6 doesn't just fail the Eventide VST H3000 Factory but it hangs.  I did a force reset, it runs the scans again and then VEP6 crashes all by itself.  I restart again, and it continues scanning and crashes, I start VEP6 it scans and crashes, etc.  VEP6 continues to crash 10 or 12 times. Each time I restart it again..  After about 15 minutes, VEP6 finally opens.  Hurrary!  Persistance paid off.  Whew.

btw, it seems the H3000 VST finally did pass OK.  It shows and opens in VEP6 (and is very responsive too!)  So it all seemed to work out in the end.  But it seemed pretty hairy for those 15 minutes or so.  All is well here now.

Is that how its "supposed" to go?  A scary theme-park install?  Or maybe I have too many old plugins?

My system:

MacPro 8-core 3,2, OSX 10.8.5, 32G RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8800GT, 1T Samsung 840 SSD, 

• Hi synergy543, 

1 out of 500 is not bad indeed!

Can you dig out the crash reports for us to check, please?

=> Console => User Diagnostic Reports

Please send those directly to support@vsl.co.at, with a short link to this thread. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Sent.

FWIW, intially I had a lot of processing glitches in DP 9.1 and it was quite frustrating.  Then I set the VE buffers to 2 and suddenly the processing load in DP 9.1 was super smooth (no glitching at all).  This solution might work for others using DP 9.1 and VEP6 that are experiencing excessive processor loads as several reported on the MOTU FB group.

Its all running very smoothly now.  I'm so happy.  My processor load was never this low before.

Cheers,

Greg

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Greg, 

Feel free to report that on the MOTU FB group. Please keep in mind that this is the very first version of VE PRO, with many more improvements and bug-fixes to follow 😊

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL