Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Driven for Mixed Chamber Ensemble

last edited
    last edited

Intense dancing rhythms, intricate counterpoint, and expressive, passionate melodies drive this energetic piece. Kick in to high gear from the very first note and experience a wild race to the finish! Produced with all VSL Symphonic Cube standard libraries.

Driven by David Carovillano

Hope you enjoy 😊

David

• Hi David.

No doubt: the more you master VSL instruments, the more your compositions show
    the brighter side of your artistry.

My only complaint is for the spacey ambience players are put in.
    Just a matter of taste, you know. It doesn't invalidate the enjoyable
    work you've done.

All the best.

VI Special Edition 1-3, Reaper, MuseScore 3, Notion 3 (collecting dust), vst flotsam and jetsam
  • Thank you for listening and for taking a moment to offer your thoughts! Learning the nuances of Mir is a work in progress. The aim right now with reverb is to enjoy some of the bigger spaces while still maintaining clarity. It's challenging to find that balance. Thanks again! David

• Hi David

This sounds very natural to me aswell as with a lot of good Ideas like fast Runs, congrats

• I really appreciate you taking the time to listen to the piece and for your kind words.  My wife, Becky and I continue to be amazed by the seemingly endless learning curve of virtual instruments, but also by the endless possibilities for variety/nuanced performances. 

If you're so inclined, you can listen (and follow the scores) to my two orchestral overtures, Fantasia and Chasing Brilliance, among others at my youtube channel: 

http://www.youtube.com/dearvillain

• Great piece David. I love the energy you capture in this piece. I also really like the third movement to your 1st string quartet....same energy capture as in this piece (also the second movement is wonderfully subtle!). Your VSL orchestrations are superb.

• Hi David,

A marvellous composition with a very decent use of VSL libraries. Fantastic! The sound setting looks OK to me, after all it's a chamber piece and doesn't require a huge ambience. I guess you've made a good choice of venue.

The only thing I'm missing a bit is energy. This work could have a lot. A more daring interpretation would - to my taste - add more value to the wonderful composition. I think of powerful sample starts, (sfz or the-like), precise choice of articulations, tempi, accents... Of course this is a matter of taste, but the piece could get a lot of benefit from it.

Congrats for the fine composition!

Max

• Thank you Wayne and Max for your comments. Wayne, I am a big fan of your music, so a compliment from you is quite special! The String Quartet was just re-done and posted to my youtube channel at this link if you'd like to hear the (hopefully!) improved VSL rendering: [url=http://www.youtube.com/dearvillain]http://www.youtube.com/dearvillain[/url] Max, thanks as always for your insight. I agree that it could have been even more "punchy", especially the opening few bars. As e piece develops, I feel the accents and forward momentum are quite lively, but generally, I do tend to restrain myself at times for fear of the music sounding unnatural. Dave

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on