Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VEP6 MAC crashes while scanning Plugins

Hi,

just bought VEP6 and I can't use it because it's crashing every time while testing the Plugins. Output Movement seems to be the bad boy - always crashes while scanning this one...

• Hi Matthias, 

Thanks for the report... 

Which OS are you working on? Which plug-in format crashes? Would you like to add a crash report (as a text file)?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

I am on OSX 10.11.6. Seems to be with all plugin formats, because I removed them one by one and it crashed every time. I attached the OSX Error report.

crash.txt-1696293820843-gq7v2.txt

• Hi Matthias,

So everything works when you remove "Movement" from your plug-in folders?

=> Thanks for y quick answer. 

Waiting for a license right now, to verify (looks like a cool plug-in). 

Best, 
    Paul

• Did you re-try installing without doing anything?

It took a couple of trys for me. It crashed during the plugin checks 2  times. I just hit the "ReTry" button each time and it finally installed. 

IIRC VEP 5 did the same thing. 

I think it depends on how many plugins the installation stumbles on.

• So after some testing - here are my results:

after removing all Movement Plugin Formats, VEP crashed while scanning TRacks. Then I removed TRacks and it crahed while scanning VC160. Finally I gave up and deleted the whole VST Folder and everything worked fine - all the AU Components where showing up and worked. It seems there are some troubles with MAC based VST Plugins.

BTW VEP6 works fine on my Slave PC which runs WIN10.

• Hi Matthias79, 

Thanks for the details. Would be great to get a list of all VST plug-ins that cause a crash, if you are willing to go through this process. 

Really busy times here right now, we appreciate every help we can get!

Best, 
    Paul