Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 Template

I'm competely new to buidling orchestral templates and have a few questions.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concepts although I've got it working pretty well with two sections - woodwinds and brass.  I should say I'm getting some template Skype lessons from someone super knowledgeable so that has helpled.

First of all, I'm a bit confused with saving in VEP.  Sorry if I get some of the terms wrong here.  I have a VI Frame with two instances, brass and woodwinds.  I had help doing this.  Now I'm going to add the harp, piano and so forth.  Do I save each instance with a different name?  Or, is the VI frame just saved?

Lastly, does it make sense to create an instance within the VI Frame just to have one instrument?  Harp would be a good example and piano as well.  I do have a couple of harps and a few pianos.

Basically I'm just trying to organize it effeciently.  I have a ton of strings, brass and a decent number of percussion libraries.

Thanks for any guidance.  I hope what I wrote even makes sense.

Aaron

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Aaron,

We have actually renamed our extensions for saved files with VE PRO 6, so that should make things easier.

viframe = vep (Vienna Ensemble Project), 1 saved instance

mframe = vesp (Vienna Ensemble SERVER Project), all instances in one VE PRO SERVER

Yes, you can save each instance as a separate project, so that you can add them to any song quickly.

Additionally, you can always save your whole VE PRO SERVER as a vesp file (also with different names for different projects).

I have also explained this in the VE PRO 6 manual.

Does this help?

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for the response.  Your explanation makes perfect sense so it's more clear now.

What happened was everything crashed right after I had added a 3rd instance.  I had saved the vesp, and thought everything would be safe.  It wasn't a big deal because the first two veps were saved so I only had to redo one instance.

So I need to save a vep only when I create a new one or make changes right?  And then always save the vesp.  I hope I've got this right.

I downloaded the manual and started going through it.  You did a very nice job on it.

Thank you,

Aaron

• Hi Aaron, 

Yes, vep and vesp files always save the current state of your instances and server. 

You can save them under different names as your templates change, so you always have a safety backup.

Always a good idea to test this out and find your best workflow with simple examples.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Excellent!! It's finaly starting to click.

Thanks again,

Aaron