Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• VSL Sibelius Soundset Installer

Hi,

I have Sibelius 5 and 8 (upgrade) installed on my computer. To make VSL work in Sibelius, I run latest VSL Sibelius Sound Installer downloaded from VSL website (version 1.0.94), but when I checked the Sound folder, the soundsets are not there. They are also not found in Sibelius when I looked at Playback Configuration windows (for both Sibelius 5 and 8) -the options are not there.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, and was looking at these folders:

Sibelius 5: C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Sibelius Software\Sibelius 5\Sounds

Sibelius 8: C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Sibelius\Sounds

Did I look into wrong folder? Where are these soundsets are installed by the installer?

Please advice

• Hi,

I've found the problem. The installer always install at administrator account. So the username will be administrator's one. For user like me who avoid using administrator account in Win 7 for everyday tasks, this can be quite puzzling at first. But I've found the soundset files at these folders:

Sibelius 5: C:\Users\{Administrator UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Sibelius Software\Sibelius 5\Sounds

Sibelius 8: C:\Users\{Administrator UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Sibelius\Sounds

Hopefully it saves the time for some of VSL and Sibelius users that have problem like what I have experienced.

Regards,

Mario

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on