Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Question on patterns/repetitions/runs

It's hard for me to see what exactly the SE1 Strings+Plus library contains in that regard. If I understand correctly, the SE1 has no patterns at all and the SE1+Plus has a few of those?

my question is, how does it compare to this: 

or similiarily (but i dont want this one): http://www.native-instruments.com/de/products/komplete/orchestral-cinematic/action-strings/

It looks very easy to make a good pattern in those libraries and to me as a beginner they sound very good. IsS E1+Plus similar in that regard?

Does SE3 have patterns? If I buy the audition credit, does that allow me to hear the Special Editions only too? (separate from other libraries)

• If by "patterns" you mean arpegios, AFAIK the only way you can get patterns is if you purchase the VI Pro 2 which has an APP sequencer.  However, I don't know if it will work with any of the SE series.

Repititions are samples that are recorded in a specific BPM where one note is played in rapid succession.

Unfortunately, I'm on a computer which doesn't allow me to veiw your Youtube link.

• what I mean are those weird little notes in quick succession that when you put them in a row, you get a sort of action feeling and they feel like dualnotes

also notes that swell up and then down again, I dont know what those are called

• last edited
    last edited

@Maxxi said:

what I mean are those weird little notes in quick succession that when you put them in a row, you get a sort of action feeling and they feel like dualnotes

also notes that swell up and then down again, I dont know what those are called

I don't use the APP sequencer because I prefer to create my own "patterns" so I'm not sure if the APP or the SE has what you're looking for.

I think you're refering to the pfp samples ("swelling") you would have to look for pfp dynamic samples in the sample content of which ever library you're interested in.

However, if you don't have any pfp samples you can create your own by using a sustain sample in conjuction with velocity X Fade.