Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• External Hardware (compressor, verb, etc) Set Up

Hey guys, I'm at a loss here. I'm trying to eliminate all of my VI plugins and master buss plugins in Pro Tools and into VePro. I have done this successfully. Now my mastering plugins are quite CPU intensive, thus having them in VePRO via an Input channel and this works as expect but I would like to add an external compressor to my master buss within VePro before my mastering plugins but unsure as to how to do this. I've tried assigning ins/outs in both PT and VePRO but still not able to get it going.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks! 

• The server version of VE Pro won't give you access to any hardware I/Os, so you will have to use the hardware inserts of ProTools. You can define them in ProTools' I/O-setup window under their dedicated tab.

A hardware insert can then be used like a plug-in in any of ProTools' channels.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

The server version of VE Pro won't give you access to any hardware I/Os, so you will have to use the hardware inserts of ProTools. You can define them in ProTools' I/O-setup window under their dedicated tab.

A hardware insert can then be used like a plug-in in any of ProTools' channels.

HTH,

Hi Dietz, I appreciate the response. I finally did figure this out. The routing within Pro Tools is a tad unorthodox (I believe so) but it seems to work as expected.

Thanks.