Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• How to send VI Pro instances to other than 1/2 in VE Pro?

So I am using a 7.1 music VE Pro instance.  I add a VI Pro instance and load some violins.

How do I change the output of that VI Pro instance to channels 3/4, or 5/6 or 7/8?

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• Hi, 

You can use the internal outputs in VI PRO as soon as you add more than one matrix. 

Each matrix can then be sent to a separate output (up to 4 outputs), the selection is done directly in the matrix list (to the right). 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for that.  I now see that.  The problem is, that even when I switch to 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 the receiving BUS only see's the incoming signal as 1/2 still.

I need the BUS that I send that signal to, to see the same channels that I am using inside my VI Pro instance.  Is this possible?

Here is a super fast video showing what I see.  If it looks blurry in the DropBox Player just download it (it's small) and use QuickTime Player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/740b5n1iw1ofbe3/How%20to%20send%20VI%20Pro%20outputs%20to%203-4%205-6%20and%207-8%20Bus.mp4?dl=0

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• Hi, 

Click the "+" sign at the lower end of the channel strip in VE PRO Mixer View, and you can route additional outputs of each instance as you like. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

It is clear to me you didn't even watch the tiny video which shows that I already did everything you asked and more and it doesn't work as you say it does.  I couldn't have been more clear than that video.  I don't know what else to say or ask.

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• Hi, 

I didn´t watch the video until the end. Mea culpa. Sunday. Valentine´s Day. Blurry. Slow connection. Well well. 

Sorry about that huge frustration. 

I´ll look into it in detail tomorrow, seems like that doesn´t work at the moment. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

Any update on this please?

Thanks,

Maestro2be

• Hi, 

Forgot to report back here, sorry: I can confirm the behaviour and made a case for our developers.
    I´m afraid this won´t the our #1 priority right now, but we´ll do our best to fix this. 

Thanks for your patience,
    Paul

• Hi again, 

Martin actually reminded me of the Surrroun Pan plug-in you get with Vienna Ensemble PRO, which is made for such situations. 

Does that work for you?

Best, 
    Paul

• If you want extreme flexibility in the routing, you could also use the Matrix Mixer plugin.