Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Solo Strings I & II patches for Sibelius

Can anyone help?

I've purchased Solo String Bundle and Chamber String Bundle hoping to use Sibelius "VE Strings" sound set. (I thought I was buying the complete licence for those groups of samples).

I also own SE PLUS. VI Pro. VE Pro

In VE, Sibelius-patch "Strings 3.x" are Red (unavailable).

In VE, Sibelius-patch "Chamber Strings" are availabe but play the wrong articulation.

SE 5.2 Solo and Chamber work fine with SE PLUS sound set loaded in Sibelius.

I'm using one instance of VE.

VSL for Sibelius has been updated.

My fear is it's not possible to use VE Strings without String Complete!

Am I mistaken?

OS 10.10.5

• The VE Strings sound set will work with whatever VSL string libraries you have installed.

Make sure the instruments work corectly in VI standalone befure using in Sibelius. You want to get things working step by step.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Thank you for your reply.

Yes, all the new solo I & II strings and chamber string bundle works well outside Sibelius, as stand alone and in Logic.

The problem starts when using the Sibelius presets in VI.

(SE PLUS works well in Sibelius with SE PLUS sound set and VI set up correctly.)

Again, I fear that Sibelius "String 3.X" presets are only for "Complete Strings"!

• Hello John! You don't need the Strings Complete bundle to use Solo Strings and Chamber Strings with Sibelius. Did you check the troubleshooting chapter of the "Optimizing Sibelius Playback" manual? In most cases you should be able to find a solution there. If you need more help, please describe in detail what you have done (playback configuration, loaded sound set, loaded VI presets, instruments in Sibelius). Best regards, Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thank you Andi

That was the information I needed to know to carry on working on the problem!

All the library seemed to download first time but obviuosly there was a problem.

I have downloaded Solo I and Solo II once more and all the red boxes have disappeared.

I've read "you" a great deal over the last few weeks and admire your dedication to the VSL cause. Congratulations.

Many thanks

John

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on