Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Exporting Windows projects to Mac

After using a PC slave for several years, I'd like to move over to a Mac Mini Server, which is what I use for my main DAW machine.

Is there some way to export VEPro projects into a format readable on a Mac?  From the file extension on the Windows machine, it doesn't look as though it would be able to opened on a Mac, but I haven't tried it yet.

This would include some projects with Vienna Instruments, and others which are VEPro only, hosting effects.

Thanks,

Myles

• You may be able to use some of your Vienna Instruments Custom Data, but the VE Pro stuff will all have to be built again, as you can't use VST in VEP on OSX.

DG

• last edited
    last edited

Ah, completely forgot about that, thanks for the reminder.

I've gone through all my FX templates and made screenshots of everything (mostly Echoboy and Valhalla Room).  I've waited to do this until I'm between projects, but there's always the possibility (especially if it would be inconvenient) to have to do a recall on a previous mix.  Fingers crossed.

@DG said:

You may be able to use some of your Vienna Instruments Custom Data, but the VE Pro stuff will all have to be built again, as you can't use VST in VEP on OSX.

DG

• If you had a dual boot you could always open the previous projects. It would require a bit of planning, but the option is there.

DG