Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Using an older Mac Pro on Snow Leopard as a slave

I'm currently running VEPro 5 on my master Mac Pro (Yosemite OS 10.10.2) inside Digital Performer.  I'm running VE Pro 5.4.13741 with a slave Macbook Pro  and a slave PC.   I'd like to add another slave machine using an older Mac Pro 1.1 (my previous programming computer which has been just sitting idle) .  This machine will not go beyond Snow Leopard (10.6.8)    2 Questions:  1.  How do I activate a new Vienna Ensemble Key (this will be my 4th one)  It is plugged in to the Mac Pro 1.1 and I  see it being recognized by the eLicenser  but don't know how to get the Activation Code.  2.  Will this work with 2 different operating systems on the master and slave machines.   Will the latest version of VE Pro 5 work on both machines?   Will the latest version of VE Pro work on Snow Leopard or am I sunk trying to incorporate the older Mac Pro as a slave in my system? 

Thanks for your help.

--David

• I can't answer all your questions, but if you are already using VEP on 3 computers you have no more licences left. You will have to buy some more. Contact sales@vsl.co.at for more details.

VEP doesn't are whether or not OS are different. It only care that the versions of VEP are the same.

DG

• Thanks DG.   I purchased VEPro 5 and a 4th Vienna Key a long time ago.  I have only been using 3 of the keys (and 3 licenses)  --- didn't realize I needed an additional license for the 4th machine and I should not have assumed I had a 4th license just because I had a brand new 4th Key still unwrapped in the box..  Thanks for clairfying.   

--DH

• No problem. I think that you had better contact support@vsl.co.at about your Snow Leopard question, because certainly the minimum requirements stated for VEP are OSX10.8

DG